Veg Tent Size Question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn1985

Reaction score
Can a 2x2 tent be used to veg 4 plants to a height of 18 inches?

Would a 2.5 x 2 tent somehow be better?

These are decisions I'm trying to make right now for a new veg tent I plan to set up soon...

2x2 and 2.5 x 2 are the only options I have due to space limitations...

I could just veg 3 plants instead of 4 if that would be better...

Thanks.

Awful short headroom. You might be OK with cuttings, but 18" height - minus the container height - is a killer.

I would go with the 2.5 x 2 tent. While the 2 x 2 would probably work, if bigger is an option, go with that.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
Awful short headroom. You might be OK with cuttings, but 18" height - minus the container height - is a killer.

The tent is actually 6 feet high - I meant that I wanted to grow the plants to a height of 18 inches...

I should have stated my intentions more clearly...sorry :)

I would go with the bigger tent if it will fit. But you can veg them to a point(even if it isn't the height that you need) and then do some topping or FIM to bush them out some just before putting them into the flower space.

Then if you need to veg them just a little longer to get them bigger, then just leave the flowering lights on 24hrs for as many days as needed to get them to where you want them. Also remember that they will stretch some in flower as well, and the buds themselves will grow up toward the lights. :)

Yes that's enough room to veg them to 18 inches. Of course go with the bigger tent if you can.

Latest posts

Back