ventilation help plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky left

Feddi Fiend Don
Reaction score
ok, when setting up a grow room i know i need 2 fans (exhaust, and intake) does that mean i need 2 different kinda fans, or jus 1 with a higher cfm? also i see people like to use inline fans. does anyone have experience with a QUIET one? what is the BEST? i can really care less of the cost i just want to know. any help is appreciated, thanks

-Lucky Left.

i just got an elicent inline fan and compared to others i've used/seen its much quieter. hydrostoreguy said they are as quiet as they come but he was triin to sell me one... however, the vortex of the same size ( 6in ) moves much more air. if noise is your concern definately do not get a squirrel fan.
i've ran a squirrel exhaust with passive intake ( no fan ) and didnt notice any slow growth, but it did run 24/7

i heard vortex fans were noisy tho. yes noise is my real concern. i dont want neighbors to even think of something goin on in my home. lol, so i would jus rather get a inline fan with a higher cfm, that is much quieter.

i listened to the elicent (309 i think) and the vortex ( 4 somethin ) right next to each other at the shop and vortex roared over the elicent...both 6 in. i got the elicent but dont have it hooked yet. im going to try to exhaust 2 closet size rooms with it, ill let ya know.:)

hey i dont wanna jack the thread or anything but quick question. lyfr is the vortex really that loud? another person in the forum told me it was moderately quiet, as i am very concerned about noise i am looking for the same thing as lucky left. a quiet and powerful fan. how loud would u say the vortexis?

Trust me dude the squirrel cage fans are so freakin loud and you have to oil them too. I got a Vortex and Its so quiet. Of course your going to hear it move air but that it. I like to have a larger exhaust and smaller intake. I have a 6in and 4in. But it all depends on the size of your room.

the can fans are nice,also the active air blowers.thats what i use.2 6in on the larger tent and 2 265 cfms on the smaller one.run quiet.but i do have them both drawing thru a filter,except for the 2 i have outside the tents boosting the air from the ac unit.

This is probably too big for what you are doing, But CAN just came out wit ha Can Max Fan. they only come in 6-12".

Best fan I ever had by far. Pricey.

TokeWithHope said:
hey i dont wanna jack the thread or anything but quick question. lyfr is the vortex really that loud? another person in the forum told me it was moderately quiet, as i am very concerned about noise i am looking for the same thing as lucky left. a quiet and powerful fan. how loud would u say the vortexis?
next to the elicent it was quite loud...but next to my squirrell it would be quiet. im sure the vortex is quieter than most for the power. i've always been told elicent or hurricane for quiet...er

ok well if im putting the fan in the attic about a foot above my box, do u think it would be loud. or easily heard?

ALLWaYsHiGh said:
try here xxx.businesslights.com they carry fantech and vortex some good prices

oh thanks dude. those are the best prices ive seen yet.

Latest posts

Back