venting and smell protection help me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downtown

Reaction score
I have one 250watt conversion light hps and mh. I also have a 39in by39in by7ft tall home hut,all the basics. I need to know the best way to vent it and what type of fan and carbon would be good. however as far as fans i was thinking about those vortex need help!

i have a air cooled hood bro. just dont know how to vent fans and carbon to it. plus what sizes fans ect.

If its only a 250W you only need a 4" inline fan say 170 cfm. You hook the inline fan on one side of the hood to suck threw it and out of your grow/ room, tent, cab. and on the there side of the hood you have your carbon filter at the top of the room to suck the cool air threw it thin threw the hood thin out of your area...

Vortex style are good, squirrel cage style also. You have a couple of options, you could
a) get a decent centrifugal fan, and vent the space through the hood, in other words ducting out the hot end of the bulb, but putting no ducting on the intake side of the hood. Air will be drawn through one of the bottom vents. You would then put a carbon filter of some kind at the end of the exhaust to catch the odors.
b) do a similar thing but use 2 fans, 1 for the light, 1 for the chamber. No carbon unit needed on the light exhaust, just the chamber. You probably don't need to do 2 fans with a 250 watt setup though.
But even so you will also want to use an oscillating fan and maybe another small fan blowing right across or at the bulb area so you can get your plants in nice and cozy with the light for maximum effectiveness. I think you may find that the tent is very tall, I am using a 600 watt setup and still find I only need 2/3 of the vertical space, so the plants are all sitting on a large nightstand for now.

Keep us posted on your progress. Take a look through the DIY forums and there are some good threads on DIY carbon scrubbers and such. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back