Very Confused On Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottery

Reaction score
im not sure which mix of soil i should use everyone seems to use different types and mixes with so many different nutes and fertalizers

can someone plz tell me which type of soil and which type of nutes or fertalizers if any for both veg and flowering. I am looking for something that i can buy at like Wall Mart or Home Depot.

all help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

I hear good things about 'Kellogs' brand organic and many have used 'Supersoil'. Just try and find one with no nutes, lower numbers. I would suggest trying to use organic because IMO it is easier and surely tastes better. Many use MG though with great success. If you go with one that has time release ferts in it, get the '3 month' one and don't feed in veg.

Lots of good info in my grow journal on organic soilmixes.

Good Luck, and I am here to help.:ccc:

Of course anything from kelloggs is good. Gotta love those Frosted Flakes..... They're GRRRRRRREAT!!!!!

Oh about soil. I've been using Fox Farms Ocean Forrest with wonderfull results. I just switched to black gold only because my supplier was out of FFOF. We'll see how that goes.

You'll like the black gold shlend'. Pretty close to FF IMO.

schlendrake said:
Of course anything from kelloggs is good. Gotta love those Frosted Flakes..... They're GRRRRRRREAT!!!!!

:laugh: :clap: :bugger: Too funny, schlend!...

Nelson

schlendrake said:

Oh about soil. I've been using Fox Farms Ocean Forrest with wonderfull results. I just switched to black gold only because my supplier was out of FFOF. We'll see how that goes.

Fox Farms Ocean Forest is great, in fact it is the soil I use. Too bad wal-mart and home depot do not carry it.:rolleyes:

Was your reply to help the original poster with his question? The thread title states he is confused...posts like this...are they helping?

Yes, yes it was a reply to his post about soil and havin some fun. Yes I do think that post can help since it states that my use and experiance with FF is a good. So it is testimony to the soil.

As a matter of fact I am doing a test with one grow in FF and one in BG to see if there is any difference. The Bg seems to be more like a sponge just because of its consistancy when wet while the FF seems a bit more like....well....soil/dirt.

Latest posts

Back