Wal Mart is my Resource Dying Babies is My Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KissinStars

Reaction score
ok so im sorry i dont have a pic but i will do my best to discribe everything done and the pittly set up there in... ok my friend got some bomb seeds and we went through them picking out the healthiest ones we sprouted them with the napkin trick they popped up we stuck them in a pot there were 2 at the time there a third im not sure about that popped up way later? but whatever im worried about the other 2. they were sitting in my window in my kitchen during the first few weeks the pot they were in didnt have any holes in the bottom so i had to be extreamly careful to only give them the water they needed to prevent the roots from rotting which all went well they went from the original set of 4 leaves to 8 to 10 leaves in no time i had a little problem with stretching for a min but it didnt last long i just had to put them at the other side of the window for half the day there was also alot of kitchen lights on and off at various times but nothing after midnightish then I put them in a bigger pot with semi dry soil cause it was all i had and gave them a good flush i set the bigger pot in a rubbermaid big container so that the drainage would be caught theres tinfoil lining the rubbermaids bottom to draw heat its way we have an old drafty house so i was worried they are in a relativley small closet with a wal mart special plant light about 3 feet above them i have been misting them as well the whole time sorry forgot to put that this morning i moved the light about a foot closer because i noticed my plants are drooping the leafs on the smaller one are all droopy and the leaves on the taller one are not only a lil droopy but the bottom set are turning colors and curling n dying i have never grown before but i have a lot of friends who have and ive seen people grow sucessful with such ratty set ups no nute no nothing just plant and water kinda thing and i dont understand what im doing wrong i have a lil money right now tell me what i need from hardware store or walmart thats all i have in my small town i hope someone can help sorry its long and all one sentence

KissinStars, for good results decent potting soil (no pre-nuted soil) with good pots (plenty of drainage) to put it in is a must. The soil doesn't have to be expensive.

Next, proper lighting. Fluorescent lights with a 6500 K (daylight) rating are ideal for vegetative growth. If you must use fluoros for flowering, I believe that 2700K is what you want. Get as much light as possible, and keep the lights as close to the plants as possible. Keep the plants in the closet for light, moving them in and out is not recommended. I read somewhere that sunlight through a glass window pane is no good. Keep the plants on a regular schedule. The lights go on at a certain time and go off at a certain time each and every day.

Proper fertilizer and proper usage is important too.

Learn how to water properly, and please use good water, either reverse osmosis (what I recommend) or distilled water are the best, in my opinion.

Maintain the proper temperature range (75-85 degrees). If using only fluoros temperature shouldn't be a problem.

Maintaining proper pH for your growing medium is very important. However, I noticed perhaps, one exception to this, and I have no idea why, or if it's always true: If using only fluoros some people seem to get away with improper pH. When you have the money, purchase a good digital pH meter.

Read over the information found in the "Resources" link for specific details on how to grow.

Cheer up, you can always start over again with new seeds. Be sure to follow the rules for good growing and you'll be happy with the results. My very first grow I purchased most of my stuff from Walmart for under $150.00, if I remember correctly. I used only fluoros, had no care for pH, used Miracle Grow for acid-loving plants for vegging, and some other chemical product for flowering with excellent luck. However, for most varieties, even though the plants can be relatively healthy, the buds will be sparse and wimpy with fluorescent lighting. For an all fluoro grow, I believe that a pure Indica strain is best.

"either reverse osmosis (what I recommend)"

Arrrruuu?(nixon sound)

what ya mean by that?

you can do it on next to nothing,but you cant just feed them water and expect them to be ok,you first off want to start up some nutes around week 2-3 of the veg stage,youll need nutrients for the veg process,as well as the flowering stage,your also gonna wanna spent 15-20 bucks on a ph test/adjuster kit.you want the ph of your water between 5.8-6.5
water them every few days and you should be ok.pretty much live and learn.read your *** off on this forum taking in all information you can.trust me..it'll go a long way.you got alot of people on here that know what theyre doin.i dont know if you realize it or not but your on the best growing forum online.all the information you need is here...its just a matter of finding it or asking ?'s. hope this helps ya-peace
p.s.
i recommend ionic grow,ionic boost,and ionic bloom as a nutient setup.its easy to use and perfect for a person without alot of knowledge on our sport/hobby

reverse osmosis water is the water you can get at your local grocery store for around 30 cents a gallon.if you use it,be sure to still ph test it and get the ph where u want it (5.8-6.5)

Ge, it seems to me that a $15.00 - $20.00 pH kit wouldn't work well. I used to use pH drops, and when I finally got a good pH meter, I realized that the drops weren't very accurate. Perhaps a cheap pH kit is better than nothing.

Also, it seems as though the pH of the watering solution should be a bit higher (perhaps 5.8-6.5 works for you). I use a range of 6.2-6.4, with the goal of obtaining a soil pH between 6.5 and 6.8 (something like that).

Hey there KissinStars,
You might want to read over what Alistair Young has to say, and think step at a time. Growing is seriously addictive, so watch out LOL fair warning right ?
I'm glad that your here friend, there is everything here to turn you into a good gardener, and to hopefully bring you happiness. Read first, then take it all one step at a time, It's a bummer to have to start over, but if that is what happens to you, bare in mind that pretty much all of us have been there, kid you not friend. Ask in here bro, and see what all the others will say. Enjoy

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Latest posts

Back