wall mart sues disabled woman for her nursing home money....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trillions of atoms

Dare to dream...
Reaction score
Wal mart is a terrible business. It's all non-union so they can treat their workers like crap and pay them next to nothing. I hate wal mart with a passion. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Let's put it into perspective.

Let's say that *YOU* have a business. It's a store that gets popular and you now have 20 stores.

One of your employees signs a contract with you that says the same thing McWalmarts does.

Then,...God forbid, one of your employees gets into a traffic accident and your insurance company tells you they will pay, but if another party is legally named as the responsible party for the results of this traffic accident, they get the money they "fronted" back.

You said "OK" to this when the insurance company signed the contract with you.

Now that the accident has happened, and another person/party has been legally held responsible for the damages in that accident, they have paid and your insurance company gets their money back.

BUT, now the person that was hurt wants YOU to let them have that much money. So do their neighbors and friends. So do the folks with huge hearts on this thread.

So do I.

BUT....if you give this money back from your company, it's the stock holders in this company who shoulder the costs, not McWalmart or it's insurance company. True, the Wally's hold a majority interest in the Wally World company, however, the other parts intrest is regular people who insist that Wally hold up his end of the Legal contract.

Wallly has no choice unless the stockholders vote to do it.

I haven't even *heard* of the vote...

If you held 500 shares of Walmart and were told that every time something happens to one of it's employees, that they were going to donate the insurance money to the employee, would you do that knowing that it would be for EVERY employee from now on? It would kinda void the whole reason for insuring your business.

You can't play favorites with the legal system.

Ok, sometimes you can, but when you deny the first one after this one, they'll grab you by your rigglesnappin-bohunkers and squeeze em until you cry for mercy. Then you'll be in court forever.

If you do it once, you do it from now on.

Unless the employee signs a non-disclosure agreement.

It's a little late for that I think. Some idiot on that poor womens side, screwed that pooch.

That poor women has nothing to do with it, as crazy as it sounds. It's the system. The laws. What others will make you do if you go for it.

If you make an exception, then the next person will want the same thing.

Your stock would fall into the bucket, you'd have to layoff half your employees and do a chapter 13 or 99 or something.
Then you'd be blamed for the economy.

This is my logical brain working...

Not my heart.

As an adult, I realize that things are not always as simple as they seem.

It's a case of "You can't have your meat if you don't eat your pudding!, if you don't eat your pudding, how can you have any meat?"

Son of a riggle-snappin, bucket riggin, rope tangling clone worm, sometimes I wish I was a kid again.

I'll tell you what I will do.

If you post an address to send some bucks to, I'll do so.

It may only buy them chow for a week, but it's all I can do.

Post the address.

Thanks.

If 51 others do the same, we have their food covered for a year.

potus its the INSURANCE comapany that takes a hit...similar to workers comp .not the ceos.

potus if you made 90 billion profit would u steal back 200 thousand to a woman who will never have a life agian and cant wipe her own butt? not an opinion, a mentally handicapped woman- if you would do that then why offer the insurance in the first place.

and do you really think i have her address?

no, you know i dont...

funny, you really think wallmart is gunna file a chapter 13- dood- GET REAL.

this thread has made up my mind once and for all....... if you catch my drift.

and to put it into a real perspective- the money is in a trust fund to pay the nursing home directly.

wow, im beside myself now that i think about this.....

I try and avoid Walmart at all costs, but sometimes we do shop there.

This is completely off-topic but the stores around here, and we have 20+ stores in less then a 30 mile vacinity, are just nasty! Unclean, and just over-all gross. The employees aren't very friendly or helpful.

Across the street from several of these Walmarts are beautiful Super Target stores. That's where I usually bring my business. But then again, I don't need a gardening dept, and Target doesnt have one. ;)

I don't understand it. The Walmart and Super Target that I shop at are right across the street from each other. The stores are approx the same age as well. How come the Target store is still so shiny clean and well-kept? Look across the street at Walmart. It's pretty trashed out. Kinda makes you wonder about the differences in clientelle as well as those Walmart execs. and all those workers...hmmmmmm...

trillions of atoms said:
and to put it into a real perspective- the money is in a trust fund to pay the nursing home directly.

wow, im beside myself now that i think about this.....

You really *don't* understand how it works.

Cole said:
I never shop wal-mart anyways.

I do. I don't make enough money to be picky about where I can save. As long as Wally World undercuts every else's prices on the things I buy there, I'll shop there.

Flounder at the Publix store = 6 bucks a pound.

Flounder at Walmart = 2 bucks a pound.

and on and on and on.....

When I win the lottery, I'll never go to Wally World again!

Until then, I gotta save a buck where I can.

^ i understand 100 percent..... and if i could get all of us a winning ticket lord knows i would.

I hate shopping at wal mart. The store is always nasty, and the lines are horrible. I don't have time to wait in line for 45 minutes. Especially if I'm fried and need to cure the munchies at the Burger King drive through.

actually your wrong. they dropped the lawsuit or whatever it was

Yeah, didn't anyone read the article first?

But Wal-Mart still, ummm, inhales anal exhaust from donkeys.

POTUS said:
I do. I don't make enough money to be picky about where I can save. As long as Wally World undercuts every else's prices on the things I buy there, I'll shop there.

Flounder at the Publix store = 6 bucks a pound.

Flounder at Walmart = 2 bucks a pound.

and on and on and on.....

When I win the lottery, I'll never go to Wally World again!

Until then, I gotta save a buck where I can.

I somewhat agree with what you have said. However, Walmart does lack in a very-very-very important department in reatil, that is quality of goods.

Let's say you come across 2 T-bones, the first T-Bone is 1" thick exactly and is 7.99/lb with an expired sell-by-date. The second T-Bone is 1.75" thick exactly and is 8.99/lb with a week left on the sell-by-date. Which product is going to be more fresh? All freshness aside, what T-Bone is gonna have a better flavor, more evenly cooking, and over better appeal? My money goes to the 1.75" cut....

Now another scenario....

Let's say you are picking through the oranges display. You pick up a few and then notice the last one you picked up was slightly moldy. You pick up another that was on a lower level, which are suppose to be more fresh, and notice is a mold-ball. Would you continue buying product from that orange bin knowing that product wasnt rotated properly? Me personally, Id walk straight out, and did!

Both of those scenarios happened to be me at a Walmart. The big problem with Walmart is that they do have alot of sales. They have soo many sales, in fact that they spend a majority of their employee payroll trying to bring product in and put it out, and not any on quality customer service. How many have seen an employee just go by product checking out expiration dates? Not me!

Walmart is scum, however i have yet to find a better deal than $1.99 on flip-flops. I would never by my groceries there, or even the bulk of my grocery budget, but i do buy other necessities there. Keep in mind, that sometimes with price comes quality. A steak just isnt a steak, and an orange just isnt an orange! With grocery i have found that you get what you pay for!

Nova

You know what? As long as all of you want to stop shopping at Wally World, I'd like to thank you.

I'll get through the pay line much faster now.

Thanks!

The rest of what you've said is reactionary baloney from folks who are as uninformed as it gets.

Have a nice day!

Nova, there are 20 grocery stores in the nearest town from me. I've experienced the exact same things you speak of in each of them.

Sorry folks, your arguments are weak.

If you just want to hate the big guy, then just hate em. You don't need to invent reasons. Just hate.

Sure Wally World decided to pay the poor women. Crazy floods of bad publicity will do that every time. It means nothing legally.

Walmarts insurance company didn't pay it. They wouldn't pay it if ANY legal manner avoided it.

WALMART paid it. That payment will be incorporated into it's future pricing of items. The public just picked up that tab, as it does for all of them.

Walmart won't lose a cent in the long run.

Please, don't shop at Walmart. It gives me lots more room and faster shopping.

Thanks again. :D

yes they dropped the lawsuit on thursday.....i wasnt wrong- i posted this when the article said they were suing this woman.

all the bad publicity im sure is the reason why they dropped the suit.

u think i would post something like this and not read it before i posted? LOL

Latest posts

Back