waste water from tropical fish aquarium?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
hi folks,i was told by a friend that he waters his crop with waste water from his aquarium,which he stores in 2 gallon containers with tops left off,
can u tell me if anyone has any info on this?
i also have a tropical fish aquarium,and am wondering whether to give it a shot.
obviously the ph and nitogen levels need to be checked.anything else i should know?:bong1:

Err, I'd think that would be full of fish crap... kinda hard to determine how much levels of nutes are in it really.... and it would have algae starting to grow in it i'd think... I can't see how it would kill a plant.... if water costs so much $$ then I guess.... I just fill right from a tap all the time.

Dude, that is going to smell so bad you'll wake up the neighbors down the street with that stench. I'd just use good nutes and some bottled spring water.

How are you going to check the nitrogen? I'd that would be more expensive than just getting the nutes.

I am not experienced in soil but I think you have to break down **** first don't you?

I do this alot.Never had any odors [from it] plants love it.If you do it only once a week you should be fine.The waist water works great for clones in perlite vermiculite mix too.I water all my house plants with it to and I live in a small 1 bedroom it is fine. DOO ITT MANN I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT......
What size tank and do you change water regularly?I should mention don't use the water from a medicated tank.You won't know what your smoking.

due to the immediate availability of high-quality, commercial nutrients, it wouldnt seem prudent to risk any one of the myriad negative outcomes resulting from using water from a fish tank.

Latest posts

Back