Water Farm Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead

Reaction score
I have a Water Farm Hydroponic System and I am wondering how many plants I can grow in the Water Farm at a time. Or can I only grow one plant?

Thanks in advance.

I would just do one but that's me...I have 3 of them too so....:D

a waterfarm bucket system has 8 but you could also buy expansion packs....

I advise doing one plant per Water Farm unit. Consider this: If you get a mixture of males/females in the same bucket, you've gotta get that male out right? The only plausible way to remove it is to just cut it right? Well, you still have the male's roots in your grow medium (hydroton) which will die and could very well cause troubles. I grew two plants in one WF bucket and fortunately they both were the same sex, unfortunately they were both male. Best just to play it safe grow one MJ plant per WF bucket. Hope that helps.

The problem is that I only have one WF and I have like 10 seeds. I am probably just going to take my chances and grow one but I was thinking of doing the following:

Getting some kind of plastic and putting it in the hydroton container so that the roots wouldn't mix. I guess I'll grow the rest of my babies in soil. Hmm I'm not up for the hour drive to the hydro store to get some quality soil....with gas being like 4 bucks...

Prodigious Puff said:
I advise doing one plant per Water Farm unit. Consider this: If you get a mixture of males/females in the same bucket, you've gotta get that male out right? The only plausible way to remove it is to just cut it right? Well, you still have the male's roots in your grow medium (hydroton) which will die and could very well cause troubles. I grew two plants in one WF bucket and fortunately they both were the same sex, unfortunately they were both male. Best just to play it safe grow one MJ plant per WF bucket. Hope that helps.

Truly unfortunate XD

Well, I'm definitely not saying you couldn't try it! Experimentation is key to progress! If every person took every person's word to be true, then some of the major discoveries in this world would have never been discovered. That said, 10 beans in one water farm sounds like trouble to me. However, would love to be proved wrong!

Ok so I am going to commence the following experiment:

1 WF, 4 plants. The root reservoir will be divided in four sections by two plastic pieces with half way cuts in the middle for eased assembly.

I will begin a thread in Hydroponics and will post a link here whenever I have it set up. Hopefully tonight.

No. Probably in soil since I tend to get good results. When they'll be a week old, I'll move them.

Latest posts

Back