water temperature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymonkey

Reaction score
hi all
im running a hydro system in a small tent with 4 plants in,everythin is going well,temp,humidity & PH etc...

but ive just bought a HYDOR THEO HEATER (aquiruim heater),ive read in a few places that the feed in my 50 litre tray will be alot better with one of these water heaters in.

my question is ..does anyone know what the ideal wter temp should be so i can adjust it ?

thanks all

nouvellechef said:

thanks nouvelechef,i had it set on the lowest which was 19 (about 66)

i might just nudge it up to 21 which is just under 70 degrees

or do you think 20 will be better which is spot on 68 degrees?

20 would be better....I try to keep my buckets at 65f to 68f once the70's+ temps hit problems start to a rise.

pcduck said:
20 would be better....I try to keep my buckets at 65f to 68f once the70's+ temps hit problems start to a rise.

thanks pcduck,im going to go with the 20

thanks m8

Hey pcduck. Do you think that you could elaborate a little more on what happens when you don't keep your water temps around 65-68? I have a 9 gallon reservoir with a small water heater that runs around 78* but the water is closer to 70*. I also have a powerhead from one of my old fish tanks in there to keep the water mixing.

Warmer rez temps bring on slimy roots and algae into your buckets.

Latest posts

Back