water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allmashedup

hello everyone..hope your all well. :ciao:
well my question is...which water is bestest.
left to stand for 24hrs ?
rain water ?
or distilled ?
all ph'd of coarse.
i just wanna get an idea of who does what.
thank you :cool2:

I use rain water I gather(rain barrell) and "let settle",,, when I can. If no rain water I use Distilled. If I had an RO system I would use that over all the above.:DBut as you said,,PH,PH,PH,,cant say enough about the PH.;)

I'm lookin to buy a RO filter soon. Untill then I'll just keep PHin my tap water...

Oh, and I don't let it stand, don't have the room for it, I'm eager to see someday how my plants will act without chlorine. I tried using dechlorinator for a while, but turns out that dechlorinator gets rid of all the heavy metals in water, INCLUDING Magnesium, calcium, ect. so I had to stop for deficeincies sake.

i used distilled because i don't have the $$$ for an RO filter right now, but would like one :) *sigh* a girl can dream....:bong:

I'm using Ph'd RO water now. It has made a drastic difference in my growth. While distilled water can be expensive, given your options, that is the route I would go...

Peace...j.b.

Ro water is the best water to use. Hands down.

My tap water is like 800ppm with a ph of 7.6-8.0

Crazy bad. Constantly battling PH issues this grow, 'cause this is new.

My water used to be good...then something happened.

RO filtered water from a watering station...cost 35 cents(US)a gallon.

In winter,I use tap that has sat for at least 24 hours usually longer before I need it, I keep mutli-jugs handy (old milk jugs). I have 5 of these on hand, and after 2 refills the third has a dilute (1/2 strength) nute solution mixed in. In summer I get water from the outside fawcet since I've kept it connected to our well water. High in manganese and other minerals, the plants LOVE IT. I'll also take water from our small pond in summer, especially after the fish have lived in it again for a month. Talk about organic soup.
I have one problem with distilled water. It isn't something you can get fish to thrive in. It has NO oxygen in it. It has it's uses for cuttings and other sterile applications, but I just don't use it on plants. I put it in the clothes iron for steaming 'cause all the lime has been BOILED out, along with all the air. That's just my opinion on distilled/sterile water. And no it isn't the same as filtered water.
A short word on carbonated water.
Folier ONLY and no salts. Spray it on when the lights are out, underside of the leaves if you can since that's where the capillaries that take up carbon dioxide are. Don't use it to 'water' plants, the carbon dioxide molecule has replaced many of the oxygen molecules and your plants can actually suffocate.:)

i started out using tap water and had bad results.i switched to distilled when i went dwc.the water itself was kinda cheap(4.00 @6gals)but hauling all the cases thru the snow was a btch.i opted for an ro system that has paid for itself many times over.i am on well water here and it sucks big time.i not only use the ro water for growing,i also use it for drinking,cooking and my little baby girl.chihuahua

Even though "most" foks believe rain water to be "pure", it isn't always the case.
Rainwater collected from rooftops, (most common) can be contaminated with various impurities, including asbestos, residues from tars and petroleum sealers, ect.
Not to mention air pollution contaminates, which are notably present near larger cities or industrial areas.

Hick said:
Even though "most" foks believe rain water to be "pure", it isn't always the case.
Rainwater collected from rooftops, (most common) can be contaminated with various impurities, including asbestos, residues from tars and petroleum sealers, ect.
Not to mention air pollution contaminates, which are notably present near larger cities or industrial areas.

Hick is correct,,but the Key Word here is CAN BE contaminated. The water that runs off my roof has been watering all my plants for along time,,inside and out. But,,,I let all solids settle and remove floating dabree.I do not live by a big City and the only thing on my rooftop is Bird **** every once in awhile.Thats free Quana.:D When I was a kid we drank rain water from the rooftop runoffs(rain barrell) and of course well water. That was in the Country though.

Dont say it Hick,,,Look how messed up Cowboy is,,back away from the rain barrell boys. Look what can happen.:eek: :ignore:

1.Ion exchange pretreatment
2.High capacity sediment prefiltration
3.Micro fine sediment prefiltration
4.Granular activated carbon
5.Reverse osmosis
6.Post carbon filtration
7.Ultraviolet disinfection
i wanted to post this with the original response...but im a bit late.any thoughts as to what this could spell for using on MJ please comment.

Good clean drinking water,,,,But waht are ya gonna use on the Plants:D Just kidden Bro. Your Plants drink better water then I do.

Basically, I would say that you want water with a low ppm with a near neutral pH that you can adjust easily. Where you get the water from depends on your own individual circumstances. I have water with a ppm from the tap of about 50, so I use tap water that has set out for 24 hours. At the place I previously lived, the water had a lot of dissolved minerals and I had to use an RO.

funny cowboy,and THG i have so much nonsense in my water or "crap" as youve seen me type before i go to the watering station for 35 cents a gallon and load up once a week with about 3 gallons.also the watering station is about 2 minutes drive so well worth it to get some nice water to tamper with and feed the ladies.

A $5 aquarium pump a 5 gallon bucket and some PH down a air stone. I run the stone 4 a few days then adjust the PH and wala i have water ph'd and ready to go...take care.. And the ladies love it...

I steal rain outa my neighbors rain collector thingies, my plants love them so I just cant stop!

I use the water that comes out of my creek or my well all which is rich in minerals and heavy metals

Latest posts

Back