watering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
ok, i am asking this here simply because there is the most traffic and most of all a really cool group of people frequent this part of the forum ;) :aok:

anyway, i am thinking of starting a couple girls outdoors, now i have the basics down, location, sun.. i am on my way ill put it that way...

anyway, ... , yeah, anyway do any of you know of any good self watering techniques that dont use power??... like a high to low drip system?? i am thinking i could take advantage of rivers and/or lakes or streams near by...

anyone a mechanical engineer?? hehe

:D
thanks for any help!!

i am sure i got some people thinking here. :D

or... are there any spots that would need very little watering, maybe somewhere close to a stream?

maybe i could build a little man made stream, but then i might overwater...

anyway, i know there are some smart people here...

they do this type of thing in the wooded area of california. they carry water in from some times 4 miles away in hoses from springs or rivers.
Just makes sure your down hill or down stream from your water source.
simply damn up an area near a spring or creek and create a small reservoir or small pond.lol
Then let gravity and physics take over. Get a hose and run it down hill from your reservoir to your growing area to another reservoir;)

Get a large funnel and secure it to the bottem of the creek with a hose running to your site. The funnel will create water pressure in the hose and allow you to get over small rises.

im just worried about over watering...

what about a thick wick or string from the river or lake through the soil the plant is in... should keep the soil moist... right??

maybe a camoflage wick.. :aok:

what about that idea?

Is your goal to visit the site the fewest times possible?

i would need to know alil about the area and water sorces rain fall ect there are many diferent ways to to tackle this you given me good advice i'd bbe glad to help you

You would have to incase the wick in something or the ground it lay on will pull the water out of wick IMO.
The easy way is to roll out water line, camoflage it then attach a soaker hose to end. By putting a shut off valve in the line you can ajust the flow of water so as to not drown the plants. Hope this helps

yeah accualy a wick system is great idea like ozzv said youhave to blck tube it osomethink to keep from watering the forest ive grown in n.c.mountans an had use plstic drums and run lines off them and in losiana were it rains every day man i miss louisiana good luck to ya

my plan is to try and not have to visit really much at all... maybe once per month at the very most... even then i might use night vision goggles to see most progress up to harvest...

is it a hard thing to achieve? to grow a plant and not have to visit??

What I have seen outdoor growers do is mix some of those little gel things that absorb water than slowly release it over time. It really depends on how much rainfall that area gets and how deep the water table is.

I would build a complex and vast stone aquaduct similiar to the Babylonian hanging gardens (if I were just a bit more motivated).

Latest posts

Back