weaning lights ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budculese

Reaction score
o k i'm going from cfl's for vegging to the hps for flower . should i start the hps slowly ? so after the vegging can i turn on the hps for 12 hrs. or should i run both types with the hps on for longer periods of time each day?

budculese said:
o k i'm going from cfl's for vegging to the hps for flower . should i start the hps slowly ? so after the vegging can i turn on the hps for 12 hrs. or should i run both types with the hps on for longer periods of time each day?
If you mean should you start your hps high and bring it down a bit everyday so that after four or fives days it's where you want...yes!

IronLungs said:
and if you dont have heat issues, blast it with both the hps and the cfl's ! !

lumens = yield......to a large degree anyway.....and I know not in entirety.

post back with some pics please
thats the plan if i don't have heat issues my heat tests with out plants but i'll have to wait and see with plants

Raise your light to 18" or so.. 20" if you like after 1-2 days drop it 2-4" watch em close.. if theres no signs of burning or heat stress drop em again 2-4" watch em. and keep doing so till you hit about a ft.. stop.. and leave it there..
what your doing is called aclimating.. getting the plant use to the HPS. because the HPS throws out IR heat and light.. which the plants arent use to at that intensity..
good luck..
LH

I put my hand right at the plant and if I feel hot heat move it up, warm is good hot is not. You can go right to 12/12 on HPS with no problem but watch them every day for tops to close they will grow faster in 12/12 at first.

Latest posts

Back