Weed gets more potent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Yep. This past week I've noticed that the weed, after 3.5 months cure, is notably more stony than it was, even after a month cure, or two month cure, for that matter. How does it work for you all?

I've noticed that as well. Is the THC maybe continuing to break down to CBN/CBD, making for a greater couchlock factor? I don't know for sure, but that kinda makes sense, huh? Although for some reason I always had it in my head that THC breakdown ceases below around 15-20% moisture. One of the gurus will have a better answer I'm sure.

~Snax (He Who Lurks)

I've never seen that- I got some stuff that's over a year old, some almost two- and I can't tell the difference between the same strain from more recent harvests. I have some old blueberry nugs left that I had intentionally harvested early. Still smokes more like a sativa than an indica.

Just my experience.

I see a difference between a 2 week cure, and a 3mo cure, but not much difference after that. I actually have a buddy argue with me that it wasn't the same weed, I wanted so bad to say. I KNOW it is, cause I GREW it! But I just let him think what he wants.

comment...

we had some severe couchlock bagseed weed 4 years ago. i'm talking couchlock with a cap C...

this was with a 1 month cure. after time though, it seemed to mellow out with a longer cure...

this was grown out by a friend. it was cured properly. the outcome of the grow yielded 4 pounds cured smoke. outdoor grow. now, get this, the only nutes used, was miracle grow. he ended up pitching the remainder of the smoke in his woodburning stove after 2 years jarred. the total high had disappeared completely? wth. unexplainable to me. i can't fathom this happening. it did. i smoked some at 2 years, and it lost all appeal it had on harvest...

was it the mg nutes that did this???...

i used to love the racy sats in my youth, but due to heart conditions, i keep the indi's around close...that, and the nitro...

good post AY...

I have some that is nigh on a year old, and it isn't really any better than it was after a few months cure, but the stuff I'm talking about is better after a three month cure than it was after only a one month cure.

Irish, that's interesting what you said about your friend. I wonder if anyone has an explanation for that.

IRISH said:
...he ended up pitching the remainder of the smoke in his woodburning stove after 2 years jarred. the total high had disappeared completely? wth. unexplainable to me. i can't fathom this happening. it did. i smoked some at 2 years, and it lost all appeal it had on harvest...

Alistair Young said:
...Irish, that's interesting what you said about your friend. I wonder if anyone has an explanation for that...

Snaxforgandhi said:
...Is the THC maybe continuing to break down to CBN/CBD, making for a greater couchlock factor? I don't know for sure, but that kinda makes sense, huh? Although for some reason I always had it in my head that THC breakdown ceases below around 15-20% moisture. One of the gurus will have a better answer I'm sure...

Now I'm more curious than ever. Does the THC continue to break down over time? If it does breakdown to CBN/CBD after a time, making it more coma weed, does the CBN/CBD then continue to breakdown after even more time until the bud loses all psychoreactivity??

~Snax (He Who..... is Curious)

But how do you compare? Is it just subjective opinion?

Heat, but more so light, destroys THC. If improperly stored, there could be a loss in potency.

But how do you compare?

Latest posts

Back