Week branches falling of the main stem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stickeyickey123

Reaction score
I am growing "blue dream" out doors. Six weeks into the growing cycle the lowest branches are breaking off the main stem. Regular feedings of properly mixed "age old grow" and "organicare nitrix". The plants are a deep emerald green suggesting no nutiant problems. What am I missing?

I don't grow outdoors but indoors a lot of us strip the bottom 1/4 off the plant anyway....it is just crappy popcorn bud anyway. Jmo

Potassium is involved in maintaining the water status of the plant and the tugor pressure of it's cells and the opening and closing of the stomata. Potassium is required in the accumulation and translocation of carbohydrates. Lack of potassium will reduce yield and quality.

Potassium deficiency (K).

Older leaves are initially chlorotic but soon develop dark necrotic lesions (dead tissue). First apparent on the tips and margins of the leaves. Stem and branches may become weak and easily broken, the plant may also stretch. The plant will become susceptible to disease and toxicity. In addition to appearing to look like iron deficiency, the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die.

Potassium - Too much sodium (Na) displaces K, causing a K deficiency. Sources of high salinity are: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate "pH-up"), too much manure, and the use of water-softening filters (which should not be used). If the problem is Na, flush the soil. K can get locked up from too much Ca or ammonium nitrogen, and possibly cold weather.
Overgows nutrient disorders link here --->http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

Latest posts

Back