TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_Dub

Reaction score
Hello! I’m relatively new to this site and figured I’d start a grow journal. I’ve grown a little while, read a lot, and and I’m at a point where I can finish most harvests without problems. But when they do hit, it’s always in flower for me. Once flowering hits, that’s where I sometimes have leaf issues. So my plan is to maintain a journal that I can point to if I need to ask for assistance. Any help is greatly appreciated of course. If you see anything I’m doing wrong or could be doing differently, I’m wide open to recommendations.

Strain: Blue Dream (nothing exciting, But I like this strain)
5 gallon fabric Smart Pots
Coming to the end of 2nd week since flip to 12/12
Feeding Mega Crop and Bud Explosion (Greenleaf Nutrients) - New nutrient line for me
Using RO and tap water blend with 4ml/g of CalMag added
Medium is Fox Farms Ocean Forest with added perlite for better drainage
Tent is AC Infinity 4x2x6’
LED is Timber 3VL 320 watt COBs (40 watt/square foot)

This is also my first scrog ever. I miss being able to remove the plants from the tent for manicuring, but seeing a relatively even canopy makes up for it.

I am giving the plants 47,000 lux worth of lighting.

Fed at 60% of recommended yesterday. Last feeding was yesterday with 3g/gallon or MegaCrop and 1g/gallon of Bud Explosion. PPM of feed was 900. Fed 1.75 gallons to each 5 gallon smart pot container and achieved decent runoff. The runoff ppm was over 2500 if my memory is correct, so I plan to achieve even more runoff next time (4 gallons per feed from on). I don’t know if I want to flush yet, but that’s a high ppm.

And of course….it wouldn’t be a journal without photos.

I will update this grow regularly
950006DE-D7DC-4B68-8F74-95C0C83D1F33.jpegEF7CF5C9-9487-4FE2-A529-61C159F933B7.jpeg01AE3E2C-8CE8-483D-91C0-01CF08BD8BF8.jpegAC6BD59C-2801-4300-A72A-53E582A40C3F.jpeg

Week 3 of Flower-Day 1
7EC3B7F4-47E8-4AD9-B9E2-01EDEC750671.jpeg

Welcome back…..Still dialing in the grow tent and transitioning from veg to flower.

Feeding Time…..I was historically feeding 1-1.5 gallons per plant before with a little runoff from my 5 gallon fabric pots. I suspect that I haven’t been giving enough liquid for sufficient runoff in my previous grows which leads to some potential problems with salt buildup. Friday’s feed was 1.75 gallons each at 900ppm going in and almost 2100 ppm runoff water. Saturday, I fed 2.2 gallons each at 1050ppm going in and 1900 ppm with the runoff water. So the concentration of salts in the soil seems to be improving with each feeding.
4.75 Gallons fed at 1050 ppm / 1.75 gallons of runoff sucked up from drain pans at 1900 ppm
Mega Crop. 3.5g/ gallon
Bud Explosion .9g/gallon
CalMag 13 ml in 4.75 gallons
Ph Down roughly 3-4ml
1.75 gallons of RO and 3 gallons of tap

483F3AC1-4887-4C2A-A1D0-0DBB3FD79ECA.jpeg

Today…..I did two actions to address this high soil ppm concentration. I wanted to fix this before the flowering stage is too established.

1.). Fed 3 gallons total (1.5 each) of tap water with General Hydroponics Florakleen and CalMag to help flush salts out of soil….ph’d to 6.2. Didn’t measure ppm of ingoing liquid, but runoff ppm was down to 1400. Runoff ph at 5.9. Im happy with those numbers, but I hope the soil increases slightly.

2.). Fed 2 gallons (1 gallon each) with Megacrop (4g/gallon), Bud Explosion (1g/gallon), Sweet Candy (1g/gallon) and Epsom Salt (.5T/gallon). PPM was relatively high as a result of the Epsom salt…1500. That Epsom salt raised the ppm from 990 to 1500. Runoff at 1500 too. Future feeding will be kept below 1100ppm.

Vacuumed runoff and the tent is ready to go for another day. Friday’s runoff ppm was. 2100 and we are now down to 1500 ppm. As long as I continue to feed with plenty of runoff, I hope to be able to finish this grow without a flush.

On a secondary note, I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots for the first time in a while. I forgot how much more humidity they put off in the garden with their porous sides. I think I’m going to switch back to plastic Warrior pots on my next grow to reduce humidity and water less frequently. They still deliver oxygen to the roots and they don’t allow for as much evaporation between watering.

Here’s my rationale….I vent into my grow room where I run a dehumidifier. Unfortunately, I have no option for external venting. Since the fabric pots put off more humidity, I’m running my dehumidifier more frequently and for longer periods. So higher utility costs and more wear-and-tear on my dehumidifier is what I think I am experiencing. Is the extra cost worth it for the air pruning fabric pot???

I’m still working to dial in a stable VPD. Revised this table that I found online for the narrower grow room parameters. Planning to purchase a controller to automate some fans and lighting…..doing more research. Feel free to steal if it’s helpful….I borrowed it from GrowDoctor.com.

5E8465F6-D06D-4E5A-B5D8-515E2320AD54.png
For anyone joining in, here are some topics I’m researching for this week. (I have a lot of free time). Feel free to jump in….
1.) do you think runoff ppm matters in soil? Mixed results online, but I will continue feeding with plenty of runoff to minimize salt buildup
2.). Are fabric pots really that superior where they are worth the extra dehumidifier expense? Do you notice better results with your buds?
3.) Researching AC Infinity Controller 69 Wifi. Looking ti to automate and control remotely the exhaust fan, oscillating fans and my light.
4.). Are there any benefits to adding seaweed extract in flower?
5.). Should I be defoliating in week 3 of flower?

Whew….today is completed by 7am. Productive morning!

Week 3 of Flower-Day 1
View attachment 310539

Welcome back…..Still dialing in the grow tent and transitioning from veg to flower.

Feeding Time…..I was historically feeding 1-1.5 gallons per plant before with a little runoff from my 5 gallon fabric pots. I suspect that I haven’t been giving enough liquid for sufficient runoff in my previous grows which leads to some potential problems with salt buildup. Friday’s feed was 1.75 gallons each at 900ppm going in and almost 2100 ppm runoff water. Saturday, I fed 2.2 gallons each at 1050ppm going in and 1900 ppm with the runoff water. So the concentration of salts in the soil seems to be improving with each feeding.
4.75 Gallons fed at 1050 ppm / 1.75 gallons of runoff sucked up from drain pans at 1900 ppm
Mega Crop. 3.5g/ gallon
Bud Explosion .9g/gallon
CalMag 13 ml in 4.75 gallons
Ph Down roughly 3-4ml
1.75 gallons of RO and 3 gallons of tap

View attachment 310537

Today…..I did two actions to address this high soil ppm concentration. I wanted to fix this before the flowering stage is too established.

1.). Fed 3 gallons total (1.5 each) of tap water with General Hydroponics Florakleen and CalMag to help flush salts out of soil….ph’d to 6.2. Didn’t measure ppm of ingoing liquid, but runoff ppm was down to 1400. Runoff ph at 5.9. Im happy with those numbers, but I hope the soil increases slightly.

2.). Fed 2 gallons (1 gallon each) with Megacrop (4g/gallon), Bud Explosion (1g/gallon), Sweet Candy (1g/gallon) and Epsom Salt (.5T/gallon). PPM was relatively high as a result of the Epsom salt…1500. That Epsom salt raised the ppm from 990 to 1500. Runoff at 1500 too. Future feeding will be kept below 1100ppm.

Vacuumed runoff and the tent is ready to go for another day. Friday’s runoff ppm was. 2100 and we are now down to 1500 ppm. As long as I continue to feed with plenty of runoff, I hope to be able to finish this grow without a flush.

On a secondary note, I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots for the first time in a while. I forgot how much more humidity they put off in the garden with their porous sides. I think I’m going to switch back to plastic Warrior pots on my next grow to reduce humidity and water less frequently. They still deliver oxygen to the roots and they don’t allow for as much evaporation between watering.

Here’s my rationale….I vent into my grow room where I run a dehumidifier. Unfortunately, I have no option for external venting. Since the fabric pots put off more humidity, I’m running my dehumidifier more frequently and for longer periods. So higher utility costs and more wear-and-tear on my dehumidifier is what I think I am experiencing. Is the extra cost worth it for the air pruning fabric pot???

I’m still working to dial in a stable VPD. Revised this table that I found online for the narrower grow room parameters. Planning to purchase a controller to automate some fans and lighting…..doing more research. Feel free to steal if it’s helpful….I borrowed it from GrowDoctor.com.

View attachment 310540
For anyone joining in, here are some topics I’m researching for this week. (I have a lot of free time). Feel free to jump in….
1.) do you think runoff ppm matters in soil? Mixed results online, but I will continue feeding with plenty of runoff to minimize salt buildup
2.). Are fabric pots really that superior where they are worth the extra dehumidifier expense? Do you notice better results with your buds?
3.) Researching AC Infinity Controller 69 Wifi. Looking ti to automate and control remotely the exhaust fan, oscillating fans and my light.
4.). Are there any benefits to adding seaweed extract in flower?
5.). Should I be defoliating in week 3 of flower?

Whew….today is completed by 7am. Productive morning!
I don’t really worry to much about PPM in my grow so I’m not the person to ask but will check out your comments in the subject. Your scrog looks good however I would trim everything off on the bottom below your screen some of the middle stuff that is blocking light and thin out a few of those fan leaves in the way of your light getting to the bud sites. You have a lot of bud sites and will have a nice yield from your tent.
also, just my opinion but as long as you are just watering till runoff begins (enough to get a runoff reading), there is no need to suck the water out of the pan after watering. The plants will finish off that last sip within an hour and it won’t hurt to leave it. If you are flushing however you will want to suck it out. Like I said, that’s just my opinion from past experiences. Good luck on your awesome grow. 😊

I don’t really worry to much about PPM in my grow so I’m not the person to ask but will check out your comments in the subject. Your scrog looks good however I would trim everything off on the bottom below your screen some of the middle stuff that is blocking light and thin out a few of those fan leaves in the way of your light getting to the bud sites. You have a lot of bud sites and will have a nice yield from your tent.
also, just my opinion but as long as you are just watering till runoff begins (enough to get a runoff reading), there is no need to suck the water out of the pan after watering. The plants will finish off that last sip within an hour and it won’t hurt to leave it. If you are flushing however you will want to suck it out. Like I said, that’s just my opinion from past experiences. Good luck on your awesome grow. 😊
Thank you Submarine Girl! Very kind of you. I will clear out some fan leaves and post an update tomorrow. Defoliation is one area I’ve never been comfortable with.

I will likely stop watching runoff ppm too….but I believe I need more runoff when i do water.

My pots are on lifters, so they don’t sit in the runoff anyway. My main reason for vacuuming out the runoff is to minimize humidity in the tent. I’m really struggling with providing a low humidity environment and that’s one of the steps I’ve found to be helpful.

Thanks again for the input.

1. don’t worry about runoff in soil , if the Ph is right going in , 9 out of 10 times it will be right coming out

2. my personal choice is nursery pots , I don’t like fabric , it is a bi-tch to clean and up pot

3. controllers are your friend…i use one to control humidity , temperatures , and fans , set it and forget it

4. I’ve never used seaweed , sorry….but yeah , your plants obviously will eventually need less veg nute and more flower nutes to maximize its potential

5. yes , defoliation is ok , you can remove up to 30% of those big fan leaves and it will have little to no effect on the photosynthesis process

whew , let’s smoke a joint and relax , it is just a weed lol

Wow BigSur….what am I going to do all week now that you solved all of my research. Lol. I’m retired and I enjoy the research. But you’ve truly answered my big questions.

Consider the controller “purchased”. I’m sold on the benefits, and I’m excited to be able to monitor/adjust remotely.

Leaves are coming off now slowly over coffee and a wake and bake. Thanks again!

my pleasure Amigo!

there are a lot of new controllers out there , I have to old school Manuel one but I like the looks of the digital ones and maybe I will upgrade

please let us know which controller you get and how you like or dislike it lol

40E25096-3A0D-48E2-A489-142DBDC07F60.jpeg

my pleasure Amigo!

there are a lot of new controllers out there , I have to old school Manuel one but I like the looks of the digital ones and maybe I will upgrade

View attachment 310553

Now THAT’S a contoller! Lol. Maybe a little overkill for my two plants…but very cool!

I just ordered the AC Infinity Controller 69 Wifi which will control my lights and fans. It falls in my budget (under 100) but it won’t ship until November. Bummer. I’ve been toying with purchasing it for weeks, but concerned that the tech may be “over my head”. Hell, I can’t even program the timer on the porch light. Haha
I’ll definitely post a review in November once it’s installed. For now, I have more YouTube videos to learn how to use it.

Thanks again!!
E6146395-1AA0-4DBE-B5BE-7509093A1704.jpeg

Defoliation on plant #1 is almost done. Before and after.
EA4F9C95-173E-4DC8-A1BE-11D50848C35D.jpegBF3531A5-8ACA-476F-A0D7-B2E9DA9C7501.jpeg

my pleasure Amigo!

View attachment 310553
I see Manuel Now ,

Welcome to Flower Week 3 (day 2)

I made lighting adjustments today using a new light meter. Lowered the LED from 18” above the plants to 13” which increased light levels from 47,000 lux to 65,000 lux. I then dimmed the light to 55,000 lux to ease them into the higher lighting over the next few days. No water or feed planned for today. I have always maintained an 18” spread with these lights, so this is new to me.

I know that most lux meters are inaccurate with LEDs. This particular meter is specifically designed for white LEDs like mine (Extech LT40), so I feel more comfortable with the data.

This is the closest I’ve ever run these lamps to the plants, so I’ll keep a close eye on them today for signs of heat stress. Unfortunately, the manufacturer Website is down (Timber Grow Lights) and I can’t find their recommended minimum spacing. One thread on another site mentioned being able to go to 12”. So it will be trial and error today. This lux meter is new to me. It has been teaching me a lot about the likely flaws in my historical growing (too much light in veg, not enough in flower).

I believe My goal is to provide 60,000 lux of light in flower.

3AD30D9D-F746-4A4A-A5D2-DF0D005E5632.jpeg01D6C22F-4303-473D-88F1-BBEB30E6A354.jpeg27F5225B-E84A-4555-A877-F730F2C8FA47.jpeg

The plants don’t seem too stressed from yesterday’s defoliation. Hoping for better airflow with fewer leaves. This scrog can grow thick.

C98C343A-C518-438C-B8D8-FC7B85FB925A.jpeg

F5A2F7D1-736F-4917-B72B-298FFB708BF5.jpeg

Latest posts

Back