TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used HOT5s for sidelights and loved it. It helps with the lower bud sites for sure.

I have used HOT5s for sidelights and loved it. It helps with the lower bud sites for sure.

That’s a great idea! I had never thought of that, but that would likely be more effective than these small LEDs. It says 25 watts for this fixture, and there are 4 sets of lights wired together. So I’m assuming it’s only 6 watts per set of lights…..can’t be that strong. A HO T5 would definitely outperform that. The biggest benefit of these little lights is the magnet mount and ease of moving around.

I like your side lights Tdub good luck with your grow. I be watching. Your scrog looks great.

Thanks SubmarineGirl! Hoping they turn out anywhere as nice as your garden.

I keep thinking to myself that if I had defoliated properly, I wouldn’t need so much side lighting. But more light can’t hurt. I will definitely defoliate more aggressively next time.

I have grown from start to finish with HOT5s many times. My buds were awesome. HOT5s can be put right on top of the canopy. And they work great for the side lighting too.
I had a 4ft 8 tubes system that put out 40,000 lumens over the canopy and 4 single tubes around the sides running vertical that put out 5000 lumens per tube.
Didn't use the vertical ones my 1st HOT5 grow and when I did use them on the sides it made a big difference.

I have used HO T5’s as well and agree with hopper. They work very well(though I think they are less efficient than LED’s). HTG has a HO T5 bulb that is a 10000k with UVA that I have used. Though I haven’t any data on the effectiveness of the UV component, the 10000k bulbs are great for both veg and flower. I mixed them with 2700k for flower when I used them.

Edited because autocorrect sucks balls…

Love my Redneck State. Only problem is if you want to visit another State it takes for fking forever to get through our big ass State of Texas. Mostly because everybody is waving at ya on the roads,, and you wave back because you don't wanna be rude . That takes time ya know.😁

Sometimes we get the finger wave, does that account for travel time too? Seriously, everyone waves here. It’s a southern thing I think
It is certainly not a New England thing which I was struck by when I first moved here in the mid-1980’s. Making eye contact or saying ‘hi’ as you walked by someone on the sidewalk was(and still is) met with suspicion…

It is certainly not a New England thing which I was struck by when I first moved here in the mid-1980’s. Making eye contact or saying ‘hi’ as you walked by someone on the sidewalk was(and still is) met with suspicion…
Yes I use to hate going up there for school and meetings. Folks there are mean when It comes to being friendly to strangers.

I talk to people in stores now. Some people get a little uncomfortable with that. I have to admit, that gives me a little bit of an incentive to keep talking…

Welcome to the end of Week 6 of flower.

Here’s a quick update on the small garden…..two Blue Dreams with an estimated flowering time of 7-9 weeks. With one plant, she may actually come in early based on her cloudy trichromes. The other one is going to run 10+ weeks…..I can feel it.

Having a hell of a time maintaining temperatures with all of the seasonal temperature and humidity swings here. After reading about bud rot here, I made adjustments to try to keep the humidity in the flower tent below 50%. That’s easier said than done, even with a smart fan.

7BC11C1B-62E7-4D73-9701-16CC1F4DF527.jpeg

I ordered a microscope….having a hard time getting good photos, but it’s letting me see the trichomes. Getting cloudy with a few amber heads on my second Blue Dream.
DE037BD1-27CB-4A89-A37E-4B2EA4A1EE53.jpeg

Rest of the tent doing well. After one week of Agromax UV lamp exposure (3 10 minutes sessions per day), Im hoping for more trichome development. I don’t know if there’s a corresponding increase in trichomes. I’ll keep it up and increase exposure this week.

And now we wait……fed and watered with 4 gallons. 1050ppm feed and 6.3 ph. Maybe 3-4 more weeks to harvest.

6C7CF8B8-5474-4D10-BF5E-01AAEDCEF098.jpeg
57A4F1CF-2381-4072-A1BA-5DD65F00DCC4.jpeg

Attachments

• 2FFBACF6-5F8C-41B9-9361-4D7D0770E078.jpeg
    2FFBACF6-5F8C-41B9-9361-4D7D0770E078.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
That’s a great idea! I had never thought of that, but that would likely be more effective than these small LEDs. It says 25 watts for this fixture, and there are 4 sets of lights wired together. So I’m assuming it’s only 6 watts per set of lights…..can’t be that strong. A HO T5 would definitely outperform that. The biggest benefit of these little lights is the magnet mount and ease of moving around.

Thanks SubmarineGirl! Hoping they turn out anywhere as nice as your garden.

I keep thinking to myself that if I had defoliated properly, I wouldn’t need so much side lighting. But more light can’t hurt. I will definitely defoliate more aggressively next time.
Where did you get those magnetic lights?

Latest posts

Back