TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get those magnetic lights?

Hi SubmarineGirl,
Those are made by AC Infinity. They have two models….4 eleven-inch light strips or 4 sixteen-inch light strips. I ordered the 16 inch too, but they are back ordered to 12/27.

There are a few lights like this on amazon with peel and strip tape (double sided) just get some magnet tape and tapoe it to the light strips.

Kullsinss LED Grow Light Strips, Upgraded 36W 240 LEDs Full Spectrum Grow​

That looks like an even better value than the AC Infinity….nice option RosterMan. The only reason for me to stick with the ACI brand is that their controller can be used to remotely adjust brightness and timing. Otherwise, I like this price better.

That looks like an even better value than the AC Infinity….nice option RosterMan. The only reason for me to stick with the ACI brand is that their controller can be used to remotely adjust brightness and timing. Otherwise, I like this price better.
I like the idea of extra side light, but if you were to lollipop and remove all lower popcorn bud sites and leaves before flower and before Buds start to form and focus all (or the extra light) on top canopy, I would say you would have more quality buds in the end.

I like the idea of extra side light, but if you were to lollipop and remove all lower popcorn bud sites and leaves before flower and before Buds start to form and focus all (or the extra light) on top canopy, I would say you would have more quality buds in the end.

Thanks Rosterman. I agree! I can definitely improve my grow with better defoliation techniques. On my next SCROG, I will remove more leaves and lower branches.

Any thoughts on defoliating in late flower? I’m starting week 7 tomorrow.

There are a few lights like this on amazon with peel and strip tape (double sided) just get some magnet tape and tapoe it to the light strips.

Kullsinss LED Grow Light Strips, Upgraded 36W 240 LEDs Full Spectrum Grow​

I thought they were attached by magnetic strip on the outside of the tent. I don’t think I like the sticky tape idea… these would be nice not under the grow as much as on the upper sides.

Thanks Rosterman. I agree! I can definitely improve my grow with better defoliation techniques. On my next SCROG, I will remove more leaves and lower branches.

I remove any leaves in flower that are covering up bud sites as well as anything ugly.

You can remove leaves now and it will be ok just don't go overboard and take too many
Start off with any blocking the buds and any really big fans, but I do not take more than 20% at a time and then let plant recover
Others go more.

Here is a good read
https://www.growweedeasy.com/defoliation

I thought they were attached by magnetic strip on the outside of the tent. I don’t think I like the sticky tape idea… these would be nice not under the grow as much as on the upper sides.

The AC Infinity attach two ways……
There are magnets on the back of the led bulbs, so they magnetically attach to the poles
For the sides of the tent, they provide metal bars to put outside the tent so that you can magnetically put them anywhere.

The AC Infinity attach two ways……
There are magnets on the back of the led bulbs, so they magnetically attach to the poles
For the sides of the tent, they provide metal bars to put outside the tent so that you can magnetically put them anywhere.
I thought that’s what I read earlier but I didn’t see it in the description I’ll read it again…thank you I may get some

you can also remove those tiny small popcorn bud sites

Wow….what a day yesterday. I upgraded my home network to fiber optic on Friday, and my wireless mesh router needed to be updated to utilize the faster speed. So yesterday afternoon I installed a new wireless network and updated the 40+ smart devices around the house. A lot of time and work, but that went ok until I arrived in the grow room.

Apparently my wifi connection (5 ghz) is too fast for the wireless grow tent controller (2.4 ghz speed), so I lost all wifi connections to my grow tent controls yesterday. Add to that that the power strip in my tent completely failed yesterday, and I was without fans and lights for several hours. I managed to get the in-line fan running at full speed overnight, then set my alarm for 5am to rewire the tent. I use smart plugs to program the led, UV light and a few fans….those all died with the power strip. There is something to be said for a good old manual timer instead of this technology.

This morning, I rebooted the grow tent controller and used Bluetooth to connect instead of wifi. Reprogrammed lights and fans. Added another power strip to the tent to replace the burned out one.

This tent needs a full rewire….wire management has gone to hell. I’d be embarrassed to even post the current setup.

I’m guessing two more weeks, at least for Blue Dream #2.
00EC3B75-CD20-4F03-B113-2550712128D4.jpeg4978B9C7-FE47-4ABD-AEDC-947AF24C53C7.jpegDDC36B4F-00ED-46DE-8679-63CA0C1486E6.jpeg60B96D2D-B99F-45DC-8C8C-2C0D4392BF46.jpeg

Taking a quick look at Trichomes. These wireless microscopes are amazingly easy to use. They’ve come a long way from the USB corded microscopes that required a computer.

I don’t usually do a final flush with 15-25 gallons of water per plant, but I’m in favor of fading nutrients at the end. I’m thinking of moving one plant to water-only (plus Terpinator) from this point forward. I think this is less than 2 weeks away…..but I’m guessing.

Attachments

• EF04C021-AC58-42BB-8E0D-1AF261653DBD.jpeg
    EF04C021-AC58-42BB-8E0D-1AF261653DBD.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 0
  • F5849F8C-E02C-44A4-8B47-82791DE03D23.jpeg
    F5849F8C-E02C-44A4-8B47-82791DE03D23.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 0
  • E95E9979-95FC-4C6A-8FEB-D180D5E1274C.jpeg
    E95E9979-95FC-4C6A-8FEB-D180D5E1274C.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 0
One more set of trichome pictures from the buds directly under the UV lamp. UV rays don’t reflect off Mylar walls and my LED is blocking a lot of the tent too, so only some colas are getting the benefit of UV. These are from the same plant. I believe that I see a heavier concentration of trichomes after one week of treatment.

I’ve been running one Agromax UV bulb for 10 minutes - 3x per day
61F192F8-E03B-4557-807D-A04499871480.jpegEBE2F521-2F4B-43B8-BF50-3341A0576CCD.jpegC10FC13D-F50E-4A3A-85D7-F141A4F456FA.jpeg

Great clear pictures of your trichomes 😊

Thank you SubmarineGirl.

Makes the harvest decision so much easier when I can see what’s going on. Very cool!

Yes, I was able to get better pictures using this wireless microscope than with any other model I’ve owned. I think it’s similar to the one you posted, which is the post that inspired me to look into it. For under 35 dollars, I’m impressed!

Thank you SubmarineGirl.

Makes the harvest decision so much easier when I can see what’s going on. Very cool!

Yes, I was able to get better pictures using this wireless microscope than with any other model I’ve owned. I think it’s similar to the one you posted, which is the post that inspired me to look into it. For under 35 dollars, I’m impressed!
It’s also good for looking for bugs and other problems with your weed that’s hard to see with the naked eye before you start looking at trichomes.

Latest posts

Back