Weird smell from top of plant- Week 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
I just started the 7th week of flower and I noticed a couple problem plants. The bottom of the plant and inside middle look great, nice and green, and smells sweet. the top of the plant does not smell pleasant at all. The bigger fan leaves are yellowing (not crispy ) and are all pointing down in a claw shape. I am growing in soil (power flower) and have been giving it a regular dose of BioBloom. I know fan leaves start to yellow at the end of flower, but these look like they are dying and there is somewhat foul odor- can anyone help? Everything else looks healthy, like the size, trics, and bud formation.

My humidity is 45%, temps stay 73 lights on, 58 lights off. Growing in 3 gal pots. Used power flower for about 60 days (about 45 actual flowering), since then I have been giving Bio Bloom every watering. I dont know the PH of the run off, but im guessing it could be low since I water at around 6.0. My digital meter has been sent back for RMA becasue it was faulty. if this is nute lockout or salt buildup, do I have enough time to flush then start nutes again, or should I flush and just finish with plain water? Im guessing this is about an 8 week strain

If it's only a week away. Straight water and cut down when you feel there ready. I wouldnt bother with flushes at this point. Post pics next time.

You should not have a bad/weird smell--this is not normal, regardless of whether the leaves are yellowing or not. I would be checking for mold or mildew.

Mold or mildew is most likely the culprit, if you can try either lowering your humidity, increasing air circulation, and allowing your plants soil to dry out a bit more than usual before you water them again. Also its probably time to lay off the nutes and just start feeding them plain water, so on your next water I would advise a heavy watering to help leech the salts out of the soil.

Thanks everyone- It most likely is PM then, because I had a PM issue that I just dealt with. I sprayed a few days ago heavily with serenade. That particular plant was infected with PM.

Temps are 74 with humidity in the 45% range. I only water like once every 3-4 days and I am in soil. i had a hard time figuring out why the mold is there, but I may have solved it. I believe my PM problem came from my intake, which pulls in air from outside. My grow room is in my garage, and I just put a filter on the outside wall to filter the air coming inside the room. Hopefully that solves the issue.

I have started flushing, but I am a bit confused on how to do it properly when using a FLUSH product. I bought this (flora kleen)http://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=135&navid=17 because with the numbers I have, i cannot flush each plant with 10gallons of water. It says to use 1-2tsp every 1gal of water, and water until there is runoff, is that enough? Should I do this a couple times? I can water heavily, but 10 gallons a plant is not an option for me. Thanks

does all the bud look normal? is some brown or white? dead looking or drying quicker than the rest? I might try putting a fan on the smelly plant..also if possible I would move the unhealthy plants away from the healthy...dont put the fan so this plants spores blow on the other..have to be careful.

2Dog said:
does all the bud look normal? is some brown or white? dead looking or drying quicker than the rest? I might try putting a fan on the smelly plant..
yeah the bud and bud formation look normal. I will get pictures in a few hours when the lights come on. I stopped my oscillating fans for a few days while I was solving my PM problem. The trics are clear/cloudy so I know its got a little longer to go.

Latest posts

Back