What about walls and light reflection ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67Cuda

Reaction score
It seems that aluminum foil has the best reflecting ability, but I sure see a lot of white painted walls. Then there’s panda film, and a vast amount of reflecting materials. Why doesn’t everyone use aluminum foil, spray adhesive’d to styrofoam insulation board to keep from having hot-spots ? It seems the most useful of light capabilities ?

how Big of a grow room you planning
A tent and good light may be the way to go for 1st run

how Big of a grow room you planning
A tent and good light may be the way to go for 1st run
I was wondering about that, but doing it myself would be cheaper, and maybe better ? Most of those tents leak, even light.

I was thinking of sealing the room with something like panda film, and maybe trying the aluminum foil on styrofoam insulation. See if it burns, or amplifies and helps ? If not, I’ve got the sealed 5.5 millimeter panda film.

remember not to grow in a sealed room, you need fresh air...I've been hating my tents for 3 years because I failed to bring in fresh air...9 fans don't mean shiit if you have no fresh air...now that I have it my plants are screaming with joy...

remember not to grow in a sealed room, you need fresh air...I've been hating my tents for 3 years because I failed to bring in fresh air...9 fans don't mean shiit if you have no fresh air...now that I have it my plants are screaming with joy...
Well, by the time it’s sealed, it will either be filtered and well ventilated, or have CO2 added, and be messed with very little, as hard as that’ll be, lol ! That’ll be into flowering time, however, much work needs to be done, much to buy, but the plan planned thoroughly through first. Plan to fail, and maybe failure can be avoided. I know, the saying goes, “ failure to plan is a plan doomed to failure “, but I just switched it around, meaning the same thing, but proactive. The tents are a quick fix gimmick. See the bigger picture. The industry. The light and power is the most important part, along with nutrients and water. Everything else could be built. I’m a big fan of do it yourself whenever possible. That way you built the thing, so not only can you fix it, but you know it’s possible weaknesses and strengths. I’m super creative and pretty handy. You never know,…I learn the box but live outside of it. You might see something new, lol ! Though I doubt it given how many have been at it forever.

CO2 is the reason my room is sealed.
So are your yields much larger , and how long did you grow before you perfected it
I tried it a few times and it was not worth the extra work for me. Or are you doing the CO2 to lock down all smells Hence the sealed room .

The only benefit I ever saw was being able to grow under higher temps without any bad side effects on plants

I would not even consider a CO2 system until you learn to Grow
You won't get much more of a Yield .
Oh absolutely ! One step at a time. I’m still in soil. Step by step, but I’m seeking a light so versatile that it can be used in every situation, but be counted on not to easily break down, from a company who can be trusted. That’s truly the only outside thing I need to count on, until I learn to create my own, if I see it necessary ? General Nutrients will also be a stepping stone, until I’m able to create my own through base materials, and fully adjust per genetics. Eventually, I will create my own genetics. Thanks.

Oh absolutely ! One step at a time. I’m still in soil. Step by step, but I’m seeking a light so versatile that it can be used in every situation, but be counted on not to easily break down, from a company who can be trusted. That’s truly the only outside thing I need to count on, until I learn to create my own, if I see it necessary ? General Nutrients will also be a stepping stone, until I’m able to create my own through base materials, and fully adjust per genetics. Eventually, I will create my own genetics. Thanks.
I like the flora series myself , I only use Micro and Bloom

photontek600 for the win...best light available from what research I've done...perfect for 5' x 5' tent...I also use the GH line, 3 part...grow, micro, and bloom with a few additives mixed in...

I like the flora series myself , I only use Micro and Bloom
What is your reasoning behind this ? Do they contain the proper nutrients without others ? Of course I understand there are also techniques to boost, retard, and manipulate plants as well. I haven’t bought a book with the proper science on the subject for 40 years, and much has changed. So, do you have any suggestions on a very in-depth understanding, math, biology, chemistry, etc., literature ? I might have to dig through boxes for my university, and water/wastewater books. These will contain a much more in-depth understanding of the science of things, but it would help to get a book focused on the subject at hand.

I’m just trying to understand the science behind it ? I could, and more than likely will, go on major searches for information, but first, to get a foothold, I’m relying on the more experienced to give me a direction to start my understanding.

Latest posts

Back