What Can I do to add a little more red spec into the room??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zbiglebowski

Reaction score
I am closet growing like most N Americans on the west coast but I have a some what of a good space. Its around "6 ft lng'' "3 ft wdth'' and "6 ft high". I have two 400 wtt mhs and I am about 3-4 weeks into my bud cycle. I don't have the funds right now to purchase a good hid hps system until next season. So I am wondering if their are any alternative and not to expensive ways to add a little more red to my room to help out the rest of my bud cycle??? I have Purple Kush and Bubblegum Kush and I use only fox farm Organic soil mediums and nutrients. I also check my PH every time I water and have boned up allot on my info for indoor growing. This is my first season as an indoor grower but I have had a successful 3 seasons outdoor so I have a good understanding of over all health and I use my Classic Jorge Growers Bible to reference back to often but I am still pretty new to the entire Light and Spectrum thing?? Well hope to hear from you and thanks in advance for the advice.
Happy Smoking

You can buy 'conversion bulbs', which are designed for flowering, enhanced in the red spectrum and will work with your MHs. Whether you buy online or at the store, they'll have them. About the same price as normal bulbs, if I remember correct.

Note quite as good as the real thing, but in a pinch it should work.

:)

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it!! Check out my pics if you have a chance and let me know what you think...?:bong: Happy Grow and Happy Smoke!!!:48:

100 watt clear standard tungsten filament light bulb until you get the money for a conversion bulb.

How do I add the links of my pics to my reply or my questions?? And two

it looks like we have very similar grow spaces and I was wondeing if you would mind taking a look at my pics:watchplant: and leting me know what you think?

Thanks and Happy Big Casper Kush Smoking :smoke1: O yea currently smoking Grand Daddy Meds........

:48:

Happy Smokes:bongin:

1st week veg.JPG

1st signs of bud.JPG

4th week veg.JPG

1st week 3 days later bud.JPG

2nd week 3 days later veg.JPG

Here are a few more pics, The first few are the Clones before I put in soil and one big girl I started I while ago.

HPIM2102.jpg

HPIM2104.jpg

First pic is the Big Girl now...:Strain unknown started from seed that I found but I think its some type of RomCross....It looks so funny because I was experimenting with it and let it go way longer then most and I suppercroped as well.

The next two pics are buds up close... MMMMMMMMMM MMMM Cant wait until Harvest!!!!!:fly:

HPIM2266.jpg

HPIM2264.jpg

HPIM2277.jpg

So I checked out the conversion bulbs and this is what I found.

400W Eye Hortilux Ultra Ace HPS Conversion Bulb - Runs on 400W MH Ballast

Do you know of any others or recomend a certain kind?

I haven't had any actual experience with conversion bulbs (but I just recommended them! go figure..).. so I can't help ya there.

I have a hard time picking bulbs myself. They offer so little information about them, how are we supposed to compare!? As long as they're not excessively more expensive, I take what the clerk recommends.

Awesome plants!

I'm jealous, I wish I had a grow going right now.

Just a note about your clones.. I think you'll experience more success if you take smaller cuttings, and take off the large fan leaves (I leave only the top most growing tip and a small leaf). Oh, and a humidity dome is a must for me.

You obviously know what you're doing though, your space is filled!

:D

:bong: hey dude, those look like jack horror skunk or jamica strain, anyway let me smoke this one lol:bong:

:fly: now im high :fly:

anyway those strains, since u got little room to grow it, you can tie down those stems (only after they start flowering **little buds**

be sure to bend it nicely under the lights, it will be fun to see how it grow that way, it's nothing wrong to do that.. you can produce nicer buds instead having them in wrong spots where theres no room u know what I mean?

I agree with you about the clones and when I cut them myself I usually do it the same way as you but I actually purchased those from my medical dispensary and since they were already well rooted and on their way I just let them do their thing. I feel you on the humidity dome as well I also have one but I have learned that I can only use the humidity dome for the first week or so of rooting otherwise its to moist, at least in my climate.

Thanks for the Praise though I appreciate it because this is my first time indoor...!!! So far I have been happy with the way things are going hopefully you can get something going for your self soon. O yea thanks for all the advice on the bulbs I appreciate it!!!! Happy Big Casper Kush Smoking.
:ccc:

Support.jpg

Congress Alert.jpg

Med Bob.jpg

Thanks for the advice on the bending I actually wanted to try that on my next setup. I would like to see that in action:watchplant:

Stay Free and Live Life!!! Remember you only get one chance!!!
Happy Big Casper Kush Smoking:smoke1:

Friend :D

allgetbong.jpg

Bong.jpg

White Widow.jpg

Sorry Longtime is right I just consider them basically male in my terms once they get pollinated since bud product is reduced greatlly in weight and chronic..

Latest posts

Back