What do you clean your piece with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordhighlama

dont mind the simple lama
Reaction score
This all came to me after my most recent move, I packed up all my pieces and ended up with one of my bubblers having mold throughout it. It sucks because it has always been my favorite bubbler and I still cant get it to taste right. :(

So what do you guys and gals use to clean your pipes, bubbs, and bongs with?

Also who here goes far enough to scrape there pipes and smoke their resin?

Yo Ho lordhighlama,
I like to use 99% isopropyl alcohol. I think that you will find that most heads have scraped res's from their bowls, and pipes. Smoking res's is sorta nasty, but when it's all you got. Well you know the rest. LOL
Did you know that in a lot of places you can get busted for paraphenilia, but not if the items,(bowls, bongs, pipes, etc. etc.) are clean as a whistle. You can claim that you smoke tobacco in them or that they are collectables, much like a briar pipe has immunity from Leo, and I know guys that do collect pipes.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Boil your glass piece till clean then drop it in an ice bath of 50/50 water and ice!!!

(LMAO...please don't do this, it will crack your pipe)

Whoops,
I should mention that you don't want Iso anywhere near acrylic. The two don't get along so well. LOL rapid temp changes with either pyrex or glass is certainly not recommended either.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Yeah, if your pipe has mold in it, I'd soak it in the strongest alcohol you can find. You don't want to breathe in any mold spores. If your pipe is acrylic (plastic): mix together warm water and a large quantity of coarse salt in a watertight container, drop your pipe in and shake it up.

And yes, I will smoke resin if I have to. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not above it!

tar is far more soluble in acetone..

warm acetone and a syringe works well. i always use a rig/baster to shoot the liquid down in the pipe. works much better.

kubefuism said:
Boil your glass piece till clean then drop it in an ice bath of 50/50 water and ice!!!

(LMAO...please don't do this, it will crack your pipe)

Common now I wouldn't fall for that one. LOL

:holysheep::eek:

You can buy a product over here called bong bath, no idea what is in it but anyway.

Havn't gotten around to cleaning my pipes yet (havn't used em much yet either)

Has anyone used any of the commercial cleaning solutions? We've got some stuff around here called 420cleaner. Smells fruity and it's orange.

I used to use that stuff worked really well!

ive used that stuff before in my bong but yeah alcohol and corse salt is what it basically is

lordhighlama said:
Has anyone used any of the commercial cleaning solutions? We've got some stuff around here called 420cleaner. Smells fruity and it's orange.

I used to use that stuff worked really well!

420cleaner is just a standard citrus/orange based degreaser. like orange-glo.

less dilute tho.

ISO and kosher salt works great.
Yea I've smoked the black death plenty o'times, not the bestest taste in the world but it can give a good buzz if the herb was decent.

So we can agree that salt and someting else works great...fine.

But is there anything you can use with that or after to help the tar and resin from sticking to your piece?

I mean...the quad perc tree in my bong is really hard to clean using any method. I wish I could invent some king of bong teflon coating...but what could be more non-stick than glass?

The only thing else that comes to mid ins silicone lubricant, but I really would not want to smoke out of a silly lubed bong. Seems unhealthy.

Seems disgusting but to each his own I gotta say salt and warm water works miracles but I havent heard of something getting rid of tar... but thats another episode

lotek said:
420cleaner is just a standard citrus/orange based degreaser. like orange-glo.

less dilute tho.

My 420 cleaner is not orange based and also contains some grit, not salt but like it.
Works super good for me.

yea ive always had a problem with my abrasive dissolving or not moving freely enough in suspension.

I'm not sure how safe this was but I shot some liquid dish bleach into my bong, made sure I coated all walls then I filled it with boiling water. Let it sit for like 15-20 minuets and it turned out almost brand new besides the bowl, which only has resin stuck behind the bowl. It worked great, I found it was best than anything i've tried before.. Just make sure you rinse out you bong realllly well.

Back