what i need to correct ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JefferyConner

Reaction score
Ok. gunna make this painless as possible... If i cant get ahold of some ph+ or ph- from my local garden supply center..am i safe to just get baking soda and vinager, and use those as the primary solution to correcting my ph?

Been known to use lemon juice in a pinch fur my ph as well as my fish. Be thinkin folks in here be askin fur bit more info on what yual tryin to do else they be just guessin so what yual tryin to do up it or down it friend?

BWD

I wld avoid using food products for up and down...they might work as a quick fix in a pinch but using them regularly will only give you more problems down the road as they dont do the job for very long. I wld buy real ph up and down. I got mine on eBay over a year ago and still hve only used half of what I bought. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
I wld avoid using food products for up and down...they might work as a quick fix in a pinch but using them regularly will only give you more problems down the road as they dont do the job for very long. I wld buy real ph up and down. I got mine on eBay over a year ago and still hve only used half of what I bought. Jmo

Hamster be right on fur what yual need to knows. I be a bit of a joker from time time and even though I have been known to get by with whats availble Hamster be sellin yual solid advice. Thankin yual Hamster ment no disrespect to any smart folks just sharin whats I do when i needs to cause my pouch has never gone empty. Have fun with the trails yual walk hope they lead yu safe and happy.

BWD

There is nothing at all wrong with using lemon juice in a pinch. Not all of us can get in our vehicles and drive a mile or 2 to a store. More than once I have had to get by with what was available at the moment.

aspirin work as a ph down and help the plants fight off bugs too

The Hemp Goddess said:
There is nothing at all wrong with using lemon juice in a pinch. Not all of us can get in our vehicles and drive a mile or 2 to a store. More than once I have had to get by with what was available at the moment.

Agreed and I hve done that myself....key words are " in a pinch". I wldnt use it regularly though.

I have yet to use dolomite lime but I only hear great things about it. Dolomite lime is specifically good for buffering to keep the soil (presuming you are using soil) sweet, hence to prevent it from dropping to low ph levels. Dolomite lime is made up of calcium magnesium carbonate. I;m guessing you want to ph up or down the water prior to watering. If you dont have access to PH up/down, i would suggest going to an pet shop and they sell product by the name of API ph up and API ph down. These are safe for plants and fish. Good product.

accid said:
I have yet to use dolomite lime but I only hear great things about it. Dolomite lime is specifically good for buffering to keep the soil (presuming you are using soil) sweet, hence to prevent it from dropping to low ph levels. Dolomite lime is made up of calcium magnesium carbonate. I;m guessing you want to ph up or down the water prior to watering. If you dont have access to PH up/down, i would suggest going to an pet shop and they sell product by the name of API ph up and API ph down. These are safe for plants and fish. Good product.

I use dolomite lime in my soil all the time now....been adding it to the MG Seed Starter Mix along with some perlite. I usually always hve brief PH issues during my grows from time to time but hve not had any ph issues since I started adding the sweet lime.
The only problem with using products like API ph up and down is the price. It is ridiculously expensive. I went that route once and will never again. They want 15 bucks for a 16 ounce bottle of either up or down. And it went quick. I switched to GH up and down in the powder and make my own bottles of up and down for pennies. I hve two plastic 1.75 ml vodka bottles (that tells you how top shelf the vodka was:p ) that I use for my up and down. One has a green cap and is my up and one has a red cap and is my down. I use the powder up and down from General Hydroponics 1.5 lbs each of up and down will run you 28 bucks shipped on amazon. 41+Mr-njFFL._SS500_.jpg I got it on ebay over a year ago for like 20 bucks shipped and I still hve over half a container of UP and 1/3 of Down left. It was a great buy.

Latest posts

Back