what is the earliest a plant will flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph James

What's goin on?
Reaction score
just curious...the description of the seeds ( brazilian amazonian ) i am going to buy says growing time 2 to 3 weeks and harvest time 45 to 55 days. does this mean that this plant will be ready to flower just 3 weeks into veg. i know that all plants must reach a certain maturity before they will flower.

the reason i am asking is because i will be using a 150 watt lamp and i figured if i waited for preflowers the plant would be pretty tall by then making it harder for the small lamp to supply enough lumens to all of the plant.

i want max yield!

dont we all...so i figured if i induce flowering as soon as possible maybe i would get a shorter more dense budded plant.

i don't know help me out!

well, with the 150 watt lamp, you wont be seeing the growth i think you are looking for, so i say veg a little longer then it says. I say about 4-6 weeks veg and then flower for 45-50 days, but then again, your only using a 150 watt =P

Gl and lets see some pics when you get a chance.

Veg untill you have a few little branches and plants are at least 10 inches and flower for at least 8 weeks. This is advice from someone with a little Exp in growing Mj but you always need to read and research for yourself you will learn and understand alot more.

reading does help a little but actually doing it and experience it first hand is the best way of knowing truly how things work.

last time I grew they were 16 days old and had just started to branch...so hows about 28 days or 4 weeks thats half the recommended vegging time according to the grow bible. by then they should be about 10 to 12 inches tall i would suspect. its been a while since i have grown though so yeah. looking for all the answers. thanks for the help so far guys.

ive heard of flowering once the plants reach 12 inches but ive heard also the minimum should be two months or preflowers which ever happens to come first.

two months vegging...id really like to flower around 1 month.

There is absolutely no way to speed up flowering. I do not believe that there is any strain that finishes in under 45 days.

Lowryder is an auto flowering strain and is the fastest finishing--about 8 weeks from seedling to harvest. It grows low and may be a better choice with a 150W light. A 150 is going to have very little penetrating power, so you are not going to want your plants to be very tall.

^^^ yes

keep em short and stout if ur only using a 150... and if u want anything close to a Yield you'll want to tell ur friends about, Do not flower until your seedlings have reached sexuaallll matturrittyy

definetely should slap that into ur next search

"sexual maturity"

people who say they pull ounces flowering from seed are full of shiza ;)

I like to measure those yields..in what they call in holland, RB's..... Regulation Bowls ;)

but dude...any weed is better than none! Cheers and good luck!

0b1kinsmokey said:
^^^
people who say they pull ounces flowering from seed are full of shiza ;)

I have to say that I agree with that 100%. You also are not going to pull ozs with a 150W light.

thanks for the help friends.

i think that the gram or even the half gram per watt doesnt pertain to the 150 watt lamp. i cant see a 150 watt lamp yielding 75 grams. im not even sure that i could pull an ounce from the plant under this lighting.maybe an ounce at the most?

I think with 2 or 3 plants under a 150 watt light, you could yield around 1 1/2-2 oz. I only vegged for about 20 days and my ladies are all over 2 ft tall. That's what I would do. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

My plants start showing pistils between 2 and 3 weeks old.

people who say they pull ounces flowering from seed are full of shiza

I consistently do it every grow ... that makes you full of "shiza". Check my journals.

right now i plan on doing ornamental bonsai grows but i think if i were to start a flower crop i would do it 12 12 from seed after seeing your grow RUNBYHEMP. thanks man. peace.

oh yeah thanks for the info on my question!

Latest posts

Back