What is too cold for water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKlonedRanger

Reaction score
Garage growing in soil. My water bubbles in a plastic tote from Walmart. What water temp would be considered too cold? Sometimes the water gets down to the lower 50's and I'm thinking this might be too cold.

I store my Rain water where I grow so room temps...I would think that anything below 40 may cause issues....Ive read where peeps use 33f water to bring colors out...I have yet to try

take care and be safe

In the new room this wont be an issue. It just seems that my plants are a little slow and I was thinking that might be an issue. I've had a few instances where the temp went into the low 40's but not below that.

Thanks 4u

I do like 4u does...I use ambient temp of my grow area around 72*

I actually had a water temp issue at the begininning of my grow. They were in a room in my basement and was getting to cold down there and plants slowed down growing and eventually just came to a halt for almost a week. I then moved them upstairs to a warmer room and 2 days later when water warmed up in my DWC buckets the plants started growing again like no tomorrow. If you can touch the water and it seems slightly cold to you then its definitley to cold for your plants.

Yeah like KP419 mentioned if you are doing DWC/hydro that is way to cold.

When I am doing DWC I keep my water temp around 65*- 68*

Latest posts

Back