What the Clone is goin on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stnr4life

Reaction score
Ok i am sorta a newbie here, second very successful batch underway.
Id like to say im a lucky man: my first batch starting with 10 seeds i harvested 6 females. And now out of 12 seeds i admire 7 lovely ladies:) You may call it beginners luck.

Problem is: for the life of me I CAN'T CLONE!!! I have tried over 50 attempts of various sizes, putting a major damper on my output! Am i doing wrong here? They always droop the same day right to the soil and the next day they look horrible, none ever showing signs of any rooting after they are dead before a week.

I have done my research but am i missing something? Ive tried humidity domes, seedling heat mats, rapid rooters, soil, the clone gel or powder, cut at 45 underwater, cut grooves, 4 floures 12" from dome, mist frequently, only during veggin.

So what the hell is goin on here?

Anyone have any better luck? I mean 0 out of about 54 attempts. I suck at this. Please help!!!! what am i doing wrong:( Help these sour desiels live on! Also have wids and bb.

thats odd.... it could be the soil your putting them in... im a novice as well so i couldnt really say. i actually did my very first cloning a few hours ago
good luck

I hope you have better luck! I watch these videos of folks saying they have 80-100% success and i do absolutely everything and anything they do. Am i maybe missin some nutes? Soil is fox farm organic. If i was a plant i would love it!

Ive only read about cloning but you might need a growth hormone to soak the leaf in after you cut it, which helps the clone develop roots faster.

i have attempted several times the only way i can get any to take is in plain water or peat pellets. just try different methods untill you find out what works for you. hope this helps. good luck

Hey i know i'm a few days late on this one but i read that if you heat willow branch's "NOT BOIL" just simmer for 2 hours and let kool for 12 hours....Then strain the twigs and nastys out use the "TEA" to root your cuttings in....Willow trees have a very high amount of root hormone in them naturally...organic rooting....well hope it helps good luck and have fun....

Take your cutting(s) and dip them in clone ex first then put into the soil, about a week and half ago I took cuttings for the first time, I took 7 and 5 of them are growing ok. So you must be doing something wrong.

1 thing i do that I find helps speed cuttings rooting times and improve success rates is to lightly starve your plants of nitrogen (N). Nitrogen inhibits root growth. Instead try and feed your plants some bloom nutes for the 2 weeks prior to your taking cuttings. After you take your cuttings then you can load your plants back up with nitrogen for the stretch, if you are flowering after.

Give it a try. You could also try my bubbler cloner. Check in my signature for the link.

Good luck

Massproducer, Just read your way of doing it and it is amazing, am gonna have to try that, thanks for the info...

Cam

No problem Cam, let me know if you ever need any help with it

Ok

I will try to be serious for a change and run you through the method I used to use extensively on my SOG.

When we take clones they are subjected to incredible changes. The stem that once grew leaves has to now produce roots in order to survive.

I always began with a HealthyMother Plant, that was at least two months old.

About 1wk before I needed to take clones.
I would cease feeding my mothers.
I would also begin misting them heavily every morning, with warm water.
This leaches nitrogen from the mother and is believed to help fresh clones produce roots faster.

Careful stem selection is equally important.
I always found the lower branches from my mothers, produced the best clones.

So................

The day before I planned to take clones I would;

Prepare a seaweed extract solution, PH corrected.
Switch on my Propagator.
Soak jiffy pellets in the seaweed solution, and place them into the propagator to warm them before use.

Cloning Day

Prepare all of the utensils your going to be using
Clean secateurs, for cutting the stems
Clean sharp blade, I always used a new utility blade.
Rooting Hormone, clonex gel worked for me.
Clean kitchen chopping board.

Make yourself comfortable

I would never rush this operation.

So..........

Pull your Mother

Sit her in front of you and select the stems that you are about to cut.
I would only ever work with one stem at a time.
Remove the stem using the secateurs (between 6 and 8 inches)
Immediately place on the cutting board.

Because I was taking large numbers of clones I likes to Trim the upper leaves so that they would make minimum contact with there brother or sisters in the propagator.[/I]

Trim off two to three sets of leaves from the stem aiming to leave two sets of trimmed leaves above the soil line and one or two trimmed nodes below the soil line.

Now make a clean 45 degree cut ,using the utility blade, between two sets of stem nodes.

Immediately dip the stem into the rooting gel, I would aim to cover about one inch of stem.

Place this stem into a warm jiffy pellet and place into the propagator.

Repeat until you have the number of clones your happy with.

When I was done, the propagator and clones were placed into a dark area for at least six hrs. I liked to use a 6/18 lighting cycle using a dedicated area with florescent lighting.

I would begin crack open the propagators vents after about a week, keeping a close eye on the clones. Increasing the ventilation slowly as to allow the clones to acclimatise themselves gently. Until they were comfortable with the cover completely removed and the heat turned off.

During this time any clones that showed signs of disease/dying were removed immediately.

Cloning for Sex

If I was cloning for sex

All mothers were numbered and clones numbered with the corresponding number.

I am not trying to say that this is the best method of taking clones, many people have there tried and tested methods.
This is mine and I found that it worked well for me.

You may want to have a look at

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441

Hick has produced his own clear pic guide to producing clones.

So there you have it

A bit of practice and you will be soon producing viable clones fit to take on the rebel alliance

troopformation.gif

Latest posts

Back