Whats up with this plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budz4me

Reaction score
Avg temp in veg box is 80* with 50-55% RH. It is in a 2x2x5 box with a 150W HPS and 20k lumens worth of CFL's. Plenty of ventilation, I am sure its the soil..but can I fix. PH usually in the 7.0 range, cant seem to drop it.

Woops, geuss the pics are needed>......

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

You've got ph lockout. 7.0 is too high. Plant isn't uptaking nutes, so you're all over deficient.

Melvan said:
You've got ph lockout. 7.0 is too high. Plant isn't uptaking nutes, so you're all over deficient.

Will holly tone be ok to lower the PH? I would prefer not to use a chemical PH adjuster. Espoma brand holly tone is supposedly organic

I would not use Holly Tone to control pH also has nutes in it..

Maybe a humic acid or fulvic.

pcduck said:
I would not use Holly Tone to control pH also has nutes in it..

Maybe a humic acid or fulvic.

10-4. Will research both. I just tested the soil, it is watering day so it is very dry....7.3 PH!!!

No clue how it got that high! Will research and post results!

I have found that if your water is very low in minerals(or certain minerals) then the PH will be high. I have well water and my mineral content is very low(50ppm) and my PH stays around 6.7. I have also found that aerating your water will raise the PH. That is probably something to do with the chemical content of the air.

I can't see where adding a chemical PH adjuster to the water to lower or raise the PH would matter to organics. Regardless of what you put in the soil or water to adjust the PH, it is still a chemical reaction that does the PH adjustment.

Now if you want to adjust it naturally, you can use bacterial microbes to bring down the PH. I read on a microbe package that I used that it was all fungal microbes and that they will raise the PH with their chemical reactions. Every time I used them in making organic nute tea, I saw the PH raise significantly.

I just went back and found something that may serve you. There is a product from Advanced Nutrients called "Tarantula", that is made up of 10 different kinds of beneficial bacteria. I am sure there are other brands that make the same thing, but the key is that it is all bacteria which like to lower the PH in their environment. If you get this and add a small amount to your water each time, it should bring your PH in line to where it should be, and the bacteria will help release nutrients to the plants while protecting them from harmful bacteria and fungus. :)

Hushpuppy said:
I just went back and found something that may serve you. There is a product from Advanced Nutrients called "Tarantula", that is made up of 10 different kinds of beneficial bacteria. I am sure there are other brands that make the same thing, but the key is that it is all bacteria which like to lower the PH in their environment. If you get this and add a small amount to your water each time, it should bring your PH in line to where it should be, and the bacteria will help release nutrients to the plants while protecting them from harmful bacteria and fungus. :)

Thanks a bunch! Will look into that ASAP! Cannot believe to tell you how appreciative I am of everyone on this site helping a noob out! Thanks a bunch guys and gals!

Latest posts

Back