What's wrong w/ Larry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

OK, this seedling was doing great until I added a small amount of GO Diamond Black and Bio-Marine (half of recommended dose).. once I noticed cotyledons were dying off.

Yesterday I noticed the leaves of Larry1 had edges that were curling upward a bit.. I thought this was not normal so I flushed tonight w/ 65 degree temp water of maybe 6.0 pH.

This is the not so great result... what did I do wrong? These were not real strong nutes per se... and the other five plants - including another Larry OG - are all doing fine.

photo.JPG

That looks more like a genetic mutation/malfunction than anything you did wrong. I wouldn't have flushed them myself, especially given that this is the first food that they have had, Although it looks like the soil is pretty rich in nutrient by itself. You will need to be patient and see what it does. It may correct itself or it may have a fatal genetic flaw or even some kind of pathogen that is causing it. I would say to isolate it from the others in case there is a pathogen, and reduce the lighting by about 30% if possible and just watch it to see if she corrects or dies.

I think she is all slumped over because of the flushing and she is over watered right now. jmo. I would keep an eye on her and no doing anything crazy till you give her a chance to rebound.

Hamster Lewis said:
I think she is all slumped over because of the flushing and she is over watered right now. jmo. I would keep an eye on her and no doing anything crazy till you give her a chance to rebound.

Thanks HL... whew!

I was skeered big time for a while there... this pic supports your hypothesis.. L-OG can be seriously sensitive! I thought Black Diamond and Bio-Marine were soil enhancers more than N-P-K nutes.

The lowest true leaves look like they want some N though... none of the other plants exhibit this yellowing...

photo.JPG

I never feed a seedling as young as that as long as it planted in a decent soil ( not coir or some such ) A seedling should be able to get everything it needs from the soil. In fact I never feed at all until they have been in their final pot for quite a while. Usually the first time my babies get fed anything extra is just befor I flip them to give them a bit of a boost befor they start their stretch. I have one small container of " grow" nutriants that has lasted over a year, and is still half full.

Latest posts

Back