What's wrong with this plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hottip

HOTTIP
Reaction score
DSCN0504.JPG

DSCN0503.JPGI have 9 plants outside that were started from clones. This one looks like it's having a nitro problem. It always has this lite green/yellow tint. It is planted in ground next to the others but always looks different, going to yellow on the middle of all the leaves. It had started to bud when I planted it and it is about 3 feet tall now as are the others next to it. It is fed Fox Farm Grow Big weekly. Basic soil mix was FF Ocean Forest, bat guano and a sprinkling of Epson salts a few weeks before planting, and put in ground May 3rd and my notes back at that time said yellow leaves but so did some of the others. I have a good record of feeding and watering, so I'm not sure what to do next.

have you tryed giving it some cal/mag or Iron the cal/mag helpped my plants

The first thing you need to do is get a good magnifying glass and take a very carefull look at the leaves that are affected. Look at the top and bottom of the leaves really good. I am suspecting thrips or possibly spidermites. Its odd that they would attack only the one plant but stranger things can happen. If it is thrips then you will need to foliar spray and soil drench with either Azamax or Azatrol to wipe them out. If it is spidermites, then you need something a little more potent.

If you don't find any bugs after a thorough inspection then see if you can check the PH of the soil, or just water in some dolomite lime into the soil around the plants as that can also be a sign of PH being too low. Good luck and green mojo :)

I checked the PH and it's 6.3. No bugs on the plants but I had a slug problem when I put them in the dirt. The slugs munched the lower leaves and I see an occasional slug slime on some of the leaves. I sprinkled some slug killer on the dirt but I don't like using it.

Ok, 6.3 is at the very bottom of what soil PH should be(6.8 is ideal). I would recommend that you get some dolomite lime if you don't have any and mix in about 3 tbsp into the soil around each plant and then as soon as they dry out a bit, or if they are already dry enough to water, then water them so that the lime will mix into the soil further to bring the PH up. :)

You can place a container like a big bowl filled with beer close to your plants. It will attract the slugs and drown them. Nice alternative to a chemical solution.

Thanks for all the replies. #1. found aphids enjoying the leaves, bastards. #2 the slugs really don't like Corona, me neither. #3 Dolomite lime today. Any safe way to get rid of the aphids?

You can use a strong spray of water and do it every day for a few weeks. Aphids are soft body insects so safer insecticidal soap will work. But aphid are born pregnant and they are all females this time of year. Keep on them.

If the plants aren't in flower, you can spray them with a solution of Azamax or Azatrol and that will get rid of them. You have to use a strong solution and spray the leaves really good with an atomizer so that the leaves get hit with a fine mist. try to get them good without soaking them to the point that they drip off. Spray them like this from under and above for 3 days in a row, and do it just before lights out so that the stuff can absorb in the dark. Give them about 10 days and hit them again the same way. That should eliminate them.

If your plants are in flower, don't spray them but pour the solution slowly into the soil close around them so that the roots can absorb the AZ. Do this once every other day for 3 doses, then wait for 7 days from last dose and then do it again. However, if the plants are within 2 weeks of harvest, don't use the AZ but one time because it takes 10 days for it to biodegrade in the plant and soil. If it is applied and then harvested within the 10 day period, it may affect the falvor of the bud :)

Latest posts

Back