Whats Wrong?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chips Deluxe

Cheeba Cheeba
Reaction score
Can You Tell Me Whats Wrong?
No Nutes yet, About 1 week old.. Just about 1.5 inches

The first 2 MJ leaves are actually dead.. dried completely overnight.. The 2 incoming seem to be fine, I dont think i'll run 24/7 Lights anymore.. 150W HPS.. 14 Inches over pot.. You think the problem is heat? It was 90 in there when I checked this morning. I've bought a new computer fan to push air out while a medium sized fan oscillates. This is the new room temp do you think that would solve the problem, All I can think of is heat problems...

The others are similar but this was the tallest and most damaged..

Sick 1.JPG

Sick2.JPG

Chips Deluxe said:
Can You Tell Me Whats Wrong?
No Nutes yet, About 1 week old.. Just about 1.5 inches

The first 2 MJ leaves are actually dead.. dried completely overnight.. The 2 incoming seem to be fine, I dont think i'll run 24/7 Lights anymore.. 150W HPS.. 14 Inches over pot.. You think the problem is heat? It was 90 in there when I checked this morning. I've bought a new computer fan to push air out while a medium sized fan oscillates. This is the new room temp do you think that would solve the problem, All I can think of is heat problems...

The others are similar but this was the tallest and most damaged..

Try running a veg light instead of the HPS.Wal-mart sells a great plug and grow 2' 7500k light for $10.

don't worry about it, bud... it's probably a dud....ish...

I start my seedlings out under a 430W MH. One gets ... ya know... buggered up seeds... I get them often. don't worry about it... start another... bad genetics within the seed, 'zall....

Thanks, One of them actually came in with the first two MJ leaves rounded instead of pointed at the end, I'm hoping that one pulls threw to see how it looks That one isnt having the leaf problems its just growing really slow just 1 set of round leaves and the cotyledon for about 2 days.. 3 tomorrow/today..

ALL of my seedlings did this, the second set and all those after it were fine...

chalk it up to the HPS. its a little rough on seedlings....It will be okay, dont overmedicate them...

It may be too hot, but I personally have never had any plants die from 90 degree temperatures. However, 90 degrees is a bit too hot and maybe it's too hot for seedlings?

Well.. It was dried to a brown crisp.. I even snapped the edge of it off when I was attempting to see how dry it was. Now after the extra ventilation and keeping the room about 80F 35-40 RH the brown dry crisp is getting soft and turning yellow.. I'm guessing it will eventually get green again and I think that is COOL AS SH*T! Back from the dead :)

i start my seedlings from sprout to seedling under a 1000w mh, no problems here, keep your hood cooled, and the air in the room circulating, i am currently enjoying a 79 degree temp consistently and the temp only drops about 12 degrees at night. The light doesnt have to be too close to hurt them, but combined with high room temps your asking for trouble. GL

Latest posts

Back