when to start adding Neem Oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSoca

Reaction score
how old do the plants have to be before you start adding neem oil to their feed? i dont have any pests or anything but I heard its beneficial for the plants to receive some neem during veg.

I've never heard of adding NEEM to food, but there are a lot of things I've never heard of.;)

Where did you hear this?

DD

:farm: Do you mean to spray on them? If so, I spray them with neem oil once they have established a decent root system and are close to a foot tall. I spray them twice in veg and sometimes once at the very begging of flowering. It helps against certain pests and mildew. Hope this helps.

ssjric is right on..........

Neem meal is a nutrient additive. Rainbow mix contains it for example. Neem oil is meant as a spray mixed thoroughly with water.

SweetSoca said:
how old do the plants have to be before you start adding neem oil to their feed? i dont have any pests or anything but I heard its beneficial for the plants to receive some neem during veg.
Neem oil is something to use as an organic bug killer....the only thing I have found to be beneficial to add to your water throughout your plants life is H202. Your roots will love you!

I do not spray or use any insecticide until I see that I have a insect problem. For a preventive I use a process of just keeping my grow room clean.

ledtester said:
Neem oil is something to use as an organic bug killer....the only thing I have found to be beneficial to add to your water throughout your plants life is H202. Your roots will love you!

I've tried adding carbonated water to my mix with my first indoor grow, I found it to be a waste of money. Thats just my oppinion. It was also a pita to try and get the pH adjusted to where the plant could use it.

legalize_freedom said:
I've tried adding carbonated water to my mix with my first indoor grow, I found it to be a waste of money. Thats just my oppinion. It was also a pita to try and get the pH adjusted to where the plant could use it.
I bet, but I'm talking Hydrogen Peroxide. It oxygenates your water and keeps your roots nice and healthy. POT just loves it!You have to make sure to get the concentrated 33% stuff and use 3ml /gallon of water. The cheap stuff is full of other crap.

Not sure why anyone would tell you to use carb water.

jmansweed said:
ssjric is right on..........

Neem meal is a nutrient additive. Rainbow mix contains it for example. Neem oil is meant as a spray mixed thoroughly with water.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

This is the first I've heard of Neem meal. Question makes more sense now.

DD

Latest posts

Back