when to start counting weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I love this site. Everyone is so helpful and supportive. Thanks everyone for your guidance.

ziggyross said:
Wow a bunch of great posts. I do plan on going by trichs but wanted to get an idea of when to start counting for reference sake. Mary Jane that was a very informative post.

Thank you all

As I learn I like to share for that is just in my nature. Happy Growing!

Dan K. Liberty said:
Not sure where MARY JANE got her info from . . . it seems pretty accurate to me, but this is one thing I disagree with. During week one, growth definitely doesn't slow down - it accelerates (the "stretch" begins) and continues into week three before it slows and the calyxes start to pile up.

I have some in week 1 and some in week 2 of flowering right now . . . they're growing more than 1" per day. The week 2 plants also have begun to pop pistils at the growing tips.

Your outdoor plants are probably around day 10-14. Many typical strains growing outdoors trigger to flower around July 10-20 and finish around September 20-30 . . . about 10 weeks.

Well thank you for the input will make note of that.

growing is a helpful learning experience . . . when everyone helps, everyone grows:D

jm2c :48:

Just thought I would post a pic as an example of when I kinda start counting down.This is my Swazi Skunk and from this point I'm looking at mid Sept/late Sept chop on this plant.

2012 007.JPG

I understand that sour diesel can take quite a while to flower. I just began my eighth week and the pistols are still white although the colas are the size of my forearm. The trichs are not ready yet, but Im not noticing much progression. Im no stranger to patience, but I wanna know if it is possible that they will not fully ripen or should i just let them flower for as long as it takes.

Latest posts

Back