Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Where are our vert growers at?

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
As summer winds down and the itch to get growing again gets worse and worse I need to figure out specifics for my next grow.

I will be working with three tents in a spare bedroom...two 2x4x5 and one 4x4x6.5....My question is wld it be feasible to go vert in my 4x4?

Was considering running a bare bulb 600w in the middle and put my ladies around the outside....turning them a bit daily. I cld pull the hot air out the top with a 6 inch inline fan. Pretty sure I hve read that the area around the bulb does not get as hot as one might think....and most of the heat actually rises. Anyone run a vert setup in a space this small? Anyone see any potential problems with this?

I got some time before I fire that tent up...right now I only hve 3 Larry Moms and a Pre 98 Mom in a 2x4x5 under a 4 bulb 4 foot HO T5 set up. The Larry moms are ready for a trim this weekend and then I will start assembling my "Larry OG Army" for Eventual flower.:D

Thanks for any input....wld like to spice things up and do something different but I don't want to make the grow a PITA and fight with the setup the whole time.
 

nouvellechef

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
3,175
Reaction score
381
Can you buy or build a tiered rack for the tent? You could grow more strains since you like that. Tons of them really. Have whole bunch of strains. In a small space, I believe hoods work more efficiently. You kinda need room to spread out with vert. Optimal light throw and plant proximity is key. I have a few Larry's, some BB7 and Lemon skunk under a couple 1k's at week 7, flower. Using hoods this round, haven't used in years. Can't really say if I like it better, just diff. I will get some macros up.
 
D

dman1234

Guest
I have been thinking of bare bulb vert when i start back up also, 2 600's in a
4x7 room, i was thinking of putting a fan on the floor blowing straight up at the bulb (you see that alot with bare bulb) but Im also considering hanging the cooltube vert instead of bare bulb, :confused2: i really dont know what i will do yet.
 

burner

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
12
Like Dman said, I too see alot of verts with the $15 12" muffin fans directly under the light blowing up to create an invisible cool tube and apparently it works great. There's a huge section and a ton of info on vert growing on icmag.com
 

FA$TCA$H

CHOCOLATE IS A VITAMIN
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
580
Reaction score
104
i think docfishwinkle and fruitybud have done some vert. grows..
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
nouvellechef said:
Can you buy or build a tiered rack for the tent? You could grow more strains since you like that. Tons of them really. Have whole bunch of strains. In a small space, I believe hoods work more efficiently. You kinda need room to spread out with vert. Optimal light throw and plant proximity is key. I have a few Larry's, some BB7 and Lemon skunk under a couple 1k's at week 7, flower. Using hoods this round, haven't used in years. Can't really say if I like it better, just diff. I will get some macros up.

Yeah I thought about a tiered rack a la Heath Robinson-ish...might try it without the rack this grow and then add the rack next.

Thanks for the input bro...
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
Irish said:
not enough spice already?:p

i've never did vert yet because of space, (and i have more open space than you're three tents combined.). i just don't see it as feasible, unless you went with less light, and thats defeating the purpose.

i imagine it can be done in a tent, but with anything new, there is gonna be a learning curve. set up you're bare bulb in you're tent, and run you're heat exhaust. that should tell you the skinny of it.

whats new in the hammy stable this season? have a great season man...peace...

Thanks form the input Irish....I might try it anyway just to see if it can work. You never know till ya try right...?:D

As for what's new? I got a Cpl things I am working on....will be starting my Fall Grow Journal soon.
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
dman1234 said:
I have been thinking of bare bulb vert when i start back up also, 2 600's in a
4x7 room, i was thinking of putting a fan on the floor blowing straight up at the bulb (you see that alot with bare bulb) but Im also considering hanging the cooltube vert instead of bare bulb, :confused2: i really dont know what i will do yet.
Yeah I thought about hanging the bulb in the cool tube and that might still be an option. I do have a 10 inch Turbo Fan I can place below the bulb also.

Looks like the first step is a dry run and check temps.....thanks.
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
FA$TCA$H said:
i think docfishwinkle and fruitybud have done some vert. grows..

Thanks bro...I will check into their grows.


burner said:
Like Dman said, I too see alot of verts with the $15 12" muffin fans directly under the light blowing up to create an invisible cool tube and apparently it works great. There's a huge section and a ton of info on vert growing on icmag.com

Thanks bro...I will cruise over to Icmag tonight when I get off work....
 
M

mountain man

Guest
I am running two 600 w in a 3 x 7 flower area with 4 plants. The light is very intense and by proper A/C cooling & exhaust it maintains temps with lights on during night. Vertical is twice the light as a hood. And then some........
 

Latest posts

Top