Wherefore Art Thou, Amber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonwolf

Unrepentant Hippie
Reaction score
I'm growing some Ice plants. According to the calendar, they would have been ready for harvest sometime around 5/16. Suspecting that they were going to go long, I didn't start flushing until then. Two weeks later, I'm showing a little bit of amber but not much more than five percent.

So, is it common in your experience that these things sail way past the nominal harvest date? I'm probably still days away.

What strain you got there? Whatever I got going seems to be taking forever to bud. Been on 12/12 like 3-4 weeks and the tufts of pistils are pretty small, whitish color and not that fragrant yet. The plant seems healthy and making good progress. I just wish I was further along.

Those dates marked on seed packs that tell you 8/9 weeks flowering are just a basic guide line to the harvest window they are not an absolute. I've had plenty of plants go past due dates, patience is the key my friend just hang in there and all will be fine...take care..

Look up powerplant, it says 8-9 weeks lol, try 12 to get to a decent amber, not complaining like, i carn't i'm too stoned lol.
I'm sure you get my point ;)

yes dismiss what sellers say pure ** to get ya to buy their seeds etc

just go on what they look like dying leaves etc etc fat hard buds forget the amber whitish **** just wait and ya will be rewarded man

skallie

Im thinking every breeder has a different time that they say is right for harvest. Some probobly like to harvest at cloudy some like a bit of amber. I think they need to say trichs should be this percent cloudy or this much amber at these many weeks. Plus if you had some extra stress it could add a little bit of time. The saying is "trichs dont lie" so use the breeders schedule as a reference but watch those trichs. If your already seeing amber than you know your close.

Valid point, i was waiting for couch lock :)
I have no doubt in my mind it would be a presentable product at 9 weeks although you'd miss out on a fair bit of weight.
Another consideration for my plants is there's apparently 2 distinct pheno's for PP one more sativa dominant and hence i believe i have that one.
I count myself as lucky though cos grown multi cola ( i believe scrog would be right? ) style they put out big yields from what i've seen and am starting to see with mine.

But yeah i imagine its a fair bet that the flowering times estimated by the seed banks is just to get to a presentable product.
As you say the trichs dont lie which is why i have no clue what weeks my girls on, not accurately anyways lol, i will always go off the trichs :)

One thing I hate is not marking dates on a calender so then when you think back how long its been growing because you wanna know about how long you have to go you have no clue. I am just starting to mark dates. My hands do not like to be idle. I need to let them know how long it will be until they can get the scissors.

So, a problem is that I've been flushing for two weeks now. Would you do a lightfeeding at this point?

winstonwolf said:
So, a problem is that I've been flushing for two weeks now. Would you do a lightfeeding at this point?

I wouldnt call that a problem, But do you have a reason to flush? Most people do it so the taste of ferts isnt so strong in the final cured product. But if you started flushing for two weeks now and your about to harvest than your just fine. If you feed it that will undo the flushing you have been doing.

Caretaker said:
I wouldnt call that a problem, But do you have a reason to flush? Most people do it so the taste of ferts isnt so strong in the final cured product. But if you started flushing for two weeks now and your about to harvest than your just fine. If you feed it that will undo the flushing you have been doing.

Agreed... as long as I don't go too much longer.

Hiya Winston, we talked music a few weeks ago. Hey my WW is 81 days 12/12 now. Just cloudy and clear, no amber-and i just got new glasses, so pretty sure i'm seeing ok. I posted somewhere else wondering if this is common? The buds look /smell nice just no amber. I've always grown outdoors and harvested at cloudy, 3 years now and i'm yet to see amber lol -hope i get some input on this as well. I know if u go "too" long, not good- Hey, still lovin the new Dylan album!!! He's doing a ballpark tour with Willie N and Mellencamp this summer. Alburquerkie(sp) closest to me so doubt i'll go- Take care

Latest posts

Back