Which is better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devious448

Reaction score
Which is better growing indoor or outdoor? and why? Which one is cheaper and grows pot fastest?

Indoor you have total control over the plant. Outdoors you have to let nature take her course. I'd say indoors. With that said, initial setup for indoor is way higher than outdoor.

I have grown outdoors for a few years now and i have to agree that indoors are much faster. also outdoor i think you get more yield then indoor.

They both have their pros and cons.

Indoor
Pros - Ability to control every aspect of enviroment, can force flowering at an early stage of growth, can reveg plants, easier to check progress rather than hike 2 hrs to your plants, and probably more I'm forgetting. Not to mention the obvious security from annoying neighbors and low life thieves.

Indoor
Cons - Initial setup cost for a good indoor grow can be quite expensive, plan on spending +$300. Space limited=Yield limited, unless you have a room with 16 ft ceilings (which a friend of mine does have ;))

Outdoor
Pros - As long a you find a very secluded area which recieves good daylight, you can grow some huge plants (7 ft+) that can potentially yield several pounds per plant. That is a HUGE pro. Setup cost is cheap compared to a sophisticated indoor grow.

Outdoor
Cons - Biggest con in my mind would have to be the low life thieves out there who will rip off your hard work without thinking twice about it. Wildlife will possibly eat/trample your plants (chicken wire fence prevents this), pests are harder to control, you have to make regular trips to check the progress and feed the plants, and you have to let mother nature take her course, meaning you have zero control over the enviroment. It can also be quite difficult to find a good secluded spot to grow in that gets good light and has easy access to water.

For speed of harvests, you can't beat a hydro indoor grow. For high yields ie. indoor plant vs. outdoor plant, the outdoor plant will usually take the cake. If you live in a city you probably want to spend the money to get a good indoor grow going, however if you live out in the country you might consider finding a good spot for an outdoor grow.

There are many things to consider when deciding between and outdoor grow and indoor grow, and it really depends on each grower's personal situation.

Now the real question, which is better? Neither. They're both different, and both have their ups and downs.

could'nt have said it better Insane.

though I have gotten bigger yields outside. but then again I am not using HPS or MH indoors.

which one is better? think of it this way, if Marijuana would be legalized all over the world with no limitations or laws on growing it, which one would you choose, out? or in? Nothing beats the Suns rays, I would do it in a green house outside. With control climate system and humidity just like a plantarium.

If it were legal then hell yeah that would be the way to do it. Or i would just do half n half.

Latest posts

Back