White spots on my top nug!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
So I am 5 weeks into flowering and I just noticed some white spots on the sugar leaves of my top nug. No spots anywhere else at all, just on the top. Any ideas? First picture is of the plant second picture is of the spots on the nug. Any help will be appreciated.

IMGP1293.JPG

IMGP1292.JPG

It looks like leaf burn from the lights or spilled nutes... It doesn't look white to me. What color is it? Talk to me.

Ok not really white more like a yellowing. I dont know how in the world I would have got nutes spilled on it. The lights dont seem to hot in there and its not right on top of the girls. I have about 8 inches above.

Well, i am sticking to my story. Someone else will pop in and tell us their opinion, that is why your here, huh.

How would the bleaching occur? Maybe accidently a little bit of splash from watering or something?

Whats the temp at the top of canopy under the hps?

do you have fans going to move the air?

420NewbieRoyce said:
How would the bleaching occur? Maybe accidently a little bit of splash from watering or something?

yes the water/nute droplet(s) act as a magnifier and burn the leaves. Or sometimes it's just too hot and thats where they exhibit the burning.

Fans are going moving air around and pulling fresh air in. I honestly don't know the temp in the room, does not seem any hotter than it did last week. I check these girls everyday and these spot just have shown up. Like I said no where else on the girl has spots like this. Everything is a nice lush green.

I am almost thinking some water might have gotten on it, I am not the only one that waters, so it is a possibility.

Is this something I should be really worried about 5 weeks into flowering, or just keep an eye on it?

NO.

Just keep an eye out make sure it's not spreading. When watering turn off fans, you shouldn't be getting mist or droplets on the bud at this point as it's conducive to mold propagation

Yes, what 7G said, especially where you live with mold spores everywhere. You need a thermometer in that room too to measure temp and humidity.
It won't hurt anything the burn.

420NewbieRoyce said:
More tools I need to acquire!

cheap combo, under $20., i think. also use for curing buds. a must have item.;)

You aint set until you have spent about 3-4 thousand dollars on your grow anyway :eek: :hubba:

That does look like water drops settled on the leaves. If it were along the edges, I would say the air blowing could be dry-burning(wind-burn) them, but that is in the middle of the leaf where a water drop would have settled.

Nice looking buds! :clap:

It looks a bit like some type of light bleaching but more like maybe some over fertilization or some other issue you had at one time as well. It's possible that you might have gotten some water droplets on the leaves from condensation if there is a swing in temps at lights off and lights on... what wattage light are you using? I don't see any evidence of issues on the newest growth I can see so I don't think it will be a major problem and you'll just trim away those few crispy leaves.

I have a 1k hps and some strains get bleaching even with a foot to 15" of clearance under the light but when that happens Its more of a slow yellowing of the leaves, especially the top fan leaves more than anything else with also some visible bleaching right at the top tips of colas too.

Here are a couple of pics of classic light bleaching I found online... :)

Peace~!:joint:

bleaching.jpg

bleaching2.jpg

Ya I am thinking it could be fertilizer now, feed them on monday and after some comments here and research, I am not to worried about it. I know that there will be some yellowing just due to them ripening up. Those spots tho ya probably over fertilized. Cant wait to harvest in about 3 to 4 weeks. Depending on trichs. Thanks for the comment Dirtyolsouth!!

Latest posts

Back