Who created this website?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JBonez said:
The actual Shakespeare quote is this: "A rose, by any other name would smell just as sweet" And sorry but THG hit the nail on the head, who cares what its called, this site is friggin awesome!

LOL--Yeah, I realized after I reread it that I had screwed up the quote, but, hey, I didn't have any work this morning, so I could just wake-n-bake :rolleyes:.

"... yet this site uses a term created by anti-cannabis advocates in the 1930s..."

well personally i think the person who started this site is out of order to do such a dreadful thing as call it marijuana

rotflmao

like rbh states no one over this side of the pond refers to it by that name instead skunk weed green to name a few.

pointless thread imho its mp and staying that way if it causes offence go to a legalise it site this is a site for growing not a cannabis martyrs site.

pkj

Runbyhemp said:
Really ? you're only a young one. For some reason I thought you were much older.

Thanks Runby, yea I'm just a wee baby :p

"... yet this site uses a term created by anti-cannabis advocates in the 1930s..."

I for one did not know that at all. But then I can't say I have read a great deal of depth into the history of Cannabis.

Although I do think Pakalolo Passion is a nice name :)

Good grief, is this for real?

We don't really need to split hairs about what its called, the name was given so long ago that most people today probably wouldn't know that, and probably wouldn't really care, its just become another name for the plant, along with every other non cannabis name it's got.

We should reserve our efforts for fighting the laws against marijuana, cannabis, pot, herb, smoke, mary jane, Pakalolo, the bomb, the maui maui, weed, the ****, the bionic, the puff, the sensi, chronic, ganja, blow and the hundreds or even thousands of other names used to describe it, and not arguing the trivial and minor points.

Personally I am offended by newcomers that join a forum or group and then start making demands for changes, without even having put forward any other constructive posts, but you won't see me asking for you to be removed because of it. Sit down, chill out and join in, if you really find the name of the site offensive then you can always join one that isn't, it's what we call self censorship, if you don't like it, don't use it, simple as that really.

As THG said, I am a proud member of marijuana passion, I would like to offer my sincere thanks to those people who created it, keep it running and moderate it, and also thanks to each and every constructive and helpful member without whom I wouldn't have learnt as much as I have, and wouldn't have such a great resource of knowledge and experiance to pull from, I salute you all, would be honoured to share a bowl with you.

why is it that everytime some one gets "offended" ,they feel they have to make an issue out of it .....it's that liberal attitude that is destroying america....if i took up a cause for everything i did'nt like, this country would resemble "little house on the prarie"...people MUST realize that even in america(where this server is NOT located) where we have "rights", no one has the right to "not be offended"...if you don't like it, shut up and leave instead of hanging around and trying to change what is already established because you would rather "us" call it pookaloo or whatever...totally not cool....i owe all my growing knowledge to this site and would never have recognized the "pookaloo" term....i joined because i saw "marijuana passion"........;)

Lastritez said:
Personally I am offended by newcomers that join a forum or group and then start making demands for changes, without even having put forward any other constructive posts, but you won't see me asking for you to be removed because of it. Sit down, chill out and join in, if you really find the name of the site offensive then you can always join one that isn't, it's what we call self censorship, if you don't like it, don't use it, simple as that really.

:yeahthat:

Exactly what I wanted to say, but you're much more diplomatic.

I have a feeling this post was started just to make a ruckus and nothing else.

If I was offended by some website, I simply wouldn't join. :rolleyes:

Right on, Lastritez!!!

So this site is about growing ...pot, marijuana, marihuana, weed, grass, boo, reefer, ganja, ****, cannabis, sativa, indica, indy...

You're here to learn to grow or help others to learn to grow. nuff said!

Wait up a minute or three friends,

Here's the deal,

1. We all can agree that we love to smoke right ?

2. If I was a deaf mute, and blind to boot, I could still find a way to say, "spark that puppy" how about it ?

3. Are you so bored that you need to hassle over a name ?

4. We dig each others company here right ?

Then the answer is obvious, SMOKE OFF

5. last one that can still raise their arm for a toke wins, LOL

and there it is, so very simple. While were at it who has that juicyfruit I keep hearin about ? Well let's bust some of that out shall we ? HMMMmmmm ???

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna :cool:

The Hemp Goddess said:

I also took my first toke in 1967 and haven't looked back, either. You may be surprised how many children from the 60s are on this site. I think it ialso rather cheeky to come to a site you have never been to before and suggest that we change the name because you don't like it? :rofl:

If you want to hang out here, there are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people with tons of growing experience. But it is so rude to come to someone's place for the first time with such silly criticism.

Now I'm wondering if EDIT: OOOPS THG is EDIT: SIC The Hemp Grandmom :hubba:
60s child, too, 1st toke in '68, had a (lucky) draft number. :ccc: You have too much time on your hands.

ArtVandolay said:
Now I'm wondering if Smokin Mom is Smokin Gramdmom :hubba:
60s child, too, 1st toke in '68, had a (lucky) draft number. :ccc: You have too much time on your hands.

Bite your tongue ArtV!!! It's the Hemp Goddess you quoted...I am still a young pup- well...somewhat. :p No granny here. :giggle:

A troll, by any other name would smell just as bad

That crazy vancouver guy said:
is it just me, or does it appear that a number of people are appearing... and trying to disrupt the site?... are we getting visits by other forum members tryings to raise cain?:confused:
hmm.. no posts on cultivating "cane" here.. only m a r i j u a n a :rofl: ;)

is it just me, or does it appear that a number of people are appearing... and trying to disrupt the site?... are we getting visits by other forum members tryings to raise cain?:confused:

Allien Lectroids from Planet 10, I'm pretty sure!

hXXp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086856/plotsummary

Puna bud said:
I totally support Pakalolo websites. But I'm having a hard time fully excepting the name "Marijuana Passion"! Why? The name "marijuana",is totally offensive to anyone who supports the use of medical cannabis!

Listen, I've been using Pakalolo(hawaiian for Cannabis) probably longer than most of the poster here have been alive! I smoked my first joint back in 1967,and haven't looked back once, since then.

I've been a guerilla farmer for years. I'm also a Cannabis Breeder(backyard Botanist) for close to 20 years too. But getting my state "blue card", has allowed me to come in from the cold! For me it was the single greatest move forward in an attempt to eventually decriminalize Cannabis use, and of course ultimately legalize it!
I fought through all the "Pakalolo Wars" of the 70's on Maui, and in the process lost both property & home in Lahaina Maui. So I take some offense in the use of the word "marijuana", which is slang, and was created by the very people who wish you never smoke the evil weed! To this day, the use of the word "marijuana" immediately brings up a negative image in the media! That is why people opposed to this magical plant, constantly use the term "marijuana". So I find myself really having a hard time with this name. Knowledgeable people on the right opposed to the use of Cannabis have to be snickering at the name of this website!

I would truly wish the owner/creator of this website would seriously consider changing the name. If the owner is serious about his passion,and who love to see it legalized in his or her lifetime. Please get rid of the name marijuana!!!!

How do most of you members feel about this?

Oh my god Toughen the **** up

Well maybe so but short of LegedaryGT we are all pretty much united on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back