Why 2 post a day to play?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcooper1

Reaction score
I do not understand why we have to have 2 post aday to play the games????? I dont always have time to sit on the computor and post.Some days I post on 3 or 4 different threads.But i cant post everyday...So can we change that to maybe 4 times a week ...I would realy like to play the games.I think they "Look" like fun...lol just wondering:hubba:

It's worse than you think. You may post a couple times a day, but for some reason, it doesn't "remember" it every time you log in to the arcade. I'll post like 10 times a day just to play, because there have been occasions when I've logged in and out and it has 'reset' my posting settings for whatever reason.

However, I do not have a problem with having to post. It keeps the arcade limited to those who are not lurkers on the board.

keep it status quo

Its not htat hard to do 2 posts is it? i know when im getting th eitch for a game and i havent had my posts in yet i just find ones like the last post thread, or the person below me thread and make quick ones.

tcooper1 said:
I do not understand why we have to have 2 post aday to play the games????? I dont always have time to sit on the computor and post.Some days I post on 3 or 4 different threads.But i cant post everyday...So can we change that to maybe 4 times a week ...I would realy like to play the games.I think they "Look" like fun...lol just wondering:hubba:

You dont have enough time to post 2 posts a day yet you find hours to play games :rofl:

md.apothecary said:
It's worse than you think. You may post a couple times a day, but for some reason, it doesn't "remember" it every time you log in to the arcade. I'll post like 10 times a day just to play, because there have been occasions when I've logged in and out and it has 'reset' my posting settings for whatever reason.

However, I do not have a problem with having to post. It keeps the arcade limited to those who are not lurkers on the board.

keep it status quo

Totally incorrect, you need to click the 'remember me' when logging in, it will remember you, if you clean your cookies after every visit for security reasons, the 'remember me' cookie is deleted also and when you next log in, the site thinks its your first visit :)

I have been posting like a mad person this morning just so I can play the games.......When can I play.I have posted more then 2 today? and no hippy it is not a problem posting 2 or more times a day.And yes I do have time to post and play...But sometimes with a special needs grandson that I am raising and a 13 yr old daughter that is going though puberty(sp) it is hard to find time to do both and I dont want to post just to be posting..... sometimes it is nice to just sit down and play a game without anything attached....I am on this site 5 and 6 times a day but not always am I able to post and as mda said it doesnt always rememeber even when you push the "remember me" botton.
Hippy sounds like you need to smoke a big fatty and get happy...way to tense...8>)......OMO smile it make your bottom tingle...(jk)

Oh by the way hippy There is no way I could sit long enough to play the games for HOURS...Can you sit that long...? you seem to have alot of time to be on here....It is hard for me to sit for a long stretch at a time....smile hippy
..............tense way to tense................

tcooper1 said:
Oh by the way hippy There is no way I could sit long enough to play the games for HOURS...Can you sit that long...? you seem to have alot of time to be on here....It is hard for me to sit for a long stretch at a time....smile hippy
..............tense way to tense................

Im not sure what your insinuating, but if you have time to play, you have time to post, as for me being on here, I live in a different time zone to you, so what you think is a lot of time to be on here is simply me here for a couple of hours while your asleep, I come online and post many replies in that couple of hours, I can pop back during the day at any time I desire because im retired, question answered, yes I agree, some on here need to take their tension away tcooper1.

:peace:

Guys, 1st and foremost, this is a mj site. The games are just a bonus. And I agree with Hippy. If you have time to play games, you have plenty of time to post.

I should suggest to Marp to make it 10 posts a day instead of just 2. ;) :p

HippyInEngland said:
Totally incorrect, you need to click the 'remember me' when logging in, it will remember you, if you clean your cookies after every visit for security reasons, the 'remember me' cookie is deleted also and when you next log in, the site thinks its your first visit :)

I am remembered, I don't even "log in" on my computer. Cookies are accepted as that is the obvious reason. I will literally be playing games, leave a game, to play another and it will tell me I need to post "2 posts" to play.

Even if I close firefox, open it click on my bookmark for MP, I'm still logged in. :)

I am not complaining about it, just making a note. As a vB forum owner/operator myself, I know that some of the add-ons have general cookie issues with certain situations/variables. This similar to the other thread I posted to about the gallery issues someone was having.

It's alright, I don't mind posting more. :ignore:

Guys, if I remember correctly, the "clock" for the games is a once a day reset for everyone, at the same time. MarP posted once, the time it resets, but regardless, it's noon somewhere every single hour of the 24.

If you're playing and it resets, it's for the next 24 hours, whatever time it is.

I think he said it was Midnight in Holland. That would make it 6pm where I live. If I were playing a game at 5:59pm, when I quit that game to go to another one, it would require me to post 2 times for that "day".

Hey MarP, am I remembering right?

:yeahthat: i just had seen it happen today i was in the arcade and looked up at the clock 4:15(my time) and it said you need 2 more posts to play in the arcade. Funny thing is i had just finished trying (again and failing misirably)to beat Hippys high score (or tie it) in the 8-ball :p

POTUS said:
Guys, if I remember correctly, the "clock" for the games is a once a day reset for everyone, at the same time. MarP posted once, the time it resets, but regardless, it's noon somewhere every single hour of the 24.

If you're playing and it resets, it's for the next 24 hours, whatever time it is.

I think he said it was Midnight in Holland. That would make it 6pm where I live. If I were playing a game at 5:59pm, when I quit that game to go to another one, it would require me to post 2 times for that "day".

Hey MarP, am I remembering right?

Kewl, I was thinking maybe it was set to the time we set our registration up with. My arcade doesn't use a global time setting, rather it uses a userCP local time.

HippyInEngland said:

for some reason it isn't remembering me on this site. others sites it works fine. think we have a problem that needs fixing

md.apothecary said:
Kewl, I was thinking maybe it was set to the time we set our registration up with. My arcade doesn't use a global time setting, rather it uses a userCP local time.
As a software developer, I would choose the global to reduce the amount of maintenance runs. To use the locals, it would have to run for every time zone represented in the member list. There are between 24 and 75 possible zones, (depending on how you want to list them), so that would make the reset take place as many as 75 times a day instead of once.

Then again, I may be incorrect. Only MarP knows for sure.

Yes Potus you're right, we discussed this earlier.

I'm not sure what you guys having with the remembering feature. It works fine on my computer.

If I disable it then it we use much more data traffic plus more server resources.

Latest posts

Back