Why are my plants growing downward?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lollipop_84

Reaction score
Hi, Ok so I have a question for anyone who can help me. I am a beginner at growing. I just sprouted 8 nice seed that I have now planted and are starting to grow in their own individual plastic containers with drainage holes. But here is my question....Why are my plants starting to grow downward towards the soil? I dont understand why if you could let me know what I should do I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You.

:postpicsworthless:

Ive never seen what your talking about? Maybe there dying? Sorry I couldent help. :D

The Plant Come Out The Seed And Goes Downward 1st Out Of Seed To Root The Bends Upward To Sprout

We need pics man. I don't think anyway understands what you're saying. Can you help us out a little? Even a paint program diagram is better than no picture at all ...

Mal C
:fly:

I dont quite understand exactly what you are saying and I am trying to figure it out so to maybe help you a little to answer my question.....the seed sprouted first..I planted them sprout up...they are now curving downward on the side of the seed into the soil...So are they going to curve down then back up to grow?

View attachment seed.BMP

View attachment seed2.BMP

Is this what you are talking about?

hXXp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33903&d=1189959664

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
Is this what you are talking about?

hXXp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33903&d=1189959664

I added some attatchments for you there are two pics.... I sprout as you will see comes up through the soil and starts to curve back towards the soil?

did you put the tap root into the soil downwards or sticking upwards ?

I love you bro!

i would keep that seedling moist so that tap root soesnt dry out- try covering her with a lil soil and wetting it afterward.

LOL, you need to place it under the soil, a good half inch with that little whit tap root pointing down. the top of the plant is the last part out of the seed...

Lol! You definitely need to make sure to read everything you can about growing mj and gardening in general. This is a great place to learn. Soon, you will be well on your way to growing some good bud. Just make sure to do your research. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

This is funny LMAO. But seriously dont feel bad 'Lollipop_84'...I have done and STILL do some dumb stuff and have asked some ridiculous questions BUT its all about trial and error its the only way you learn. But like Smokeybear said you gotta read, I have read 2 books and still dont always know *** im doing. Good luck to you my friend.

OOPS time to make a U-turn and get that baby in the right direction :aok:

:holysheep: Don't feel bad Lolli!
Way back when I was eighteen my boyfriend and I planted seeds in a forest near our house under the big trees. We just covered them with a little dirt and leaves. :giggle: Needless to say, they sprouted and that was the end of it.
They just curled up. :watchplant: Good luck to you, Lolli. We are all here to help each other. This is a great place to learn and grow... :p
:peace:

Latest posts

Back