Why Facebook is Blocking Cannabis and Marijuana Searches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From cannabis.net

Mystery Solved - Why Facebook is Blocking Cannabis and Marijuana Searches
Weed-Social-Media-800x445.jpg

Cannabis is being caught up in the opioid crackdown on Facebook

Posted by Thom Baccus on Aug 16, 2018

First it was YouTube cracking down on cannabis based channels and videos in June, #potpurge, and now this week Facebook has blocked search results for the terms cannabis and marijuana. The industry immediately jumped to the other side of the arugment and said that Facebook was blocking pages based on cannabis, and a crackdown was in the works.

Tech Crunch broke the story today that Facebook is cracking down on opioid results in their search area and illegal drug transactions, showing how easy it was to find a drug dealer on Facebook. Althought cannabis is in no way an opioid, and is being used to get people off opioids, it still falls under a Schedule 1 drug according to Federal law. After Mark Zuckerberg appeared before Congress (we wrote about it here) and had to answer questions about illegal drug stores advertising on Facebook, they are taking no risks and shutting down search results for "illegal" drugs. While 30 states have a form of legal cannabis, the Federal law still considers cannabis illegal and a Schedule 1 drug.

No, Facebook was not cracking down on weed and cannabis pages, but due to the crackdown in people looking to purchase black market drugs, Facebook had no choice but to lump cannabis in with its Federal drug classification.

Not the best news in the world for the cannabis industry, but it was not a direct attack on the marijuana market, just collateral damage for trying to stop opioid sales and drug deals by using the Facebook search bar.

https://cannabis.net/blog/news/myst...k-is-blocking-cannabis-and-marijuana-searches

Bullshi*t--Facebook had a choice to NOT lump cannabis in with other narcotics, but it chose not to. The more I get to know about Facebook, the happier I am that I was never suckered into believing that I needed an account there.

I am very happy I dumped Facebook a few years back. My family is all on facebook and now they have to call or write me personally to converse.

I love FB. My FB stock is up over 35%. :)

It's a sheeple's herd pen as far as I'm concerned. As a hacker, if you only knew how much damage I could do to you with just the info you post on FB. Unbelievable.

However, at some point I noticed that the FB logo was EVERYWHERE. Burger King sign?.... Facebook logo. Coca-Cola?.... Facebook.

I looked at the company strength and it was terrible. They have the largest customer base in the world and nothing to sell them. LMAO Over 90% of FB users do so on the phone and banner ads were just too small to see. So,they simply don't make any money.

In any other financial environment, I would NEVER have bought stock in a company with such weak fundamentals. However, we live in a sheeple world and I knew FB was going to just keep going up as long as we are in the current social bubble. I almost sold the other day before they reported earnings but... I knew it would recover from bad news very quickly. And, it has.

Facebook is just another example of our declining civilization. Not that I feel FB is necessarily causing it. But, rather it is a clear symptom, IMO.

Still, it did one heck of a lot better than my US Steel stock. What does that tell you about this country? LOL

Latest posts

Back