Will a male??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankcos

Reaction score
Will a male plant do anything to a room full of unsexed vegging plant?

it "can't" do much to a sexually immature plant, but it may spread pollen that can later cause issues

If it's pollen is already released into the air, then It has a good chance of pollinating the females when they are sexually mature.

Pollin won't last in air more than day or two so if your not flowering for 2 weeks or more shouldn't be a problem

And if you want to you can spray water and they die faster

Freud would have said this is your FaTHer route.

"Why do you hate your FaTHer? I mean Father?"

your wanting to kill your pollinators suggest you want to kill your faTHer.

How long has this been goink on?

Months? Years? Is this for real? Does this mean my closet from last year's grow could have some pollen from last year's male and pollinate this year's females?

I read here that pollen is viable for a few days only. Which is correct?

Hick said:
:O ..the thanks buttons back!..

Not my end...:rolleyes: thanks tho:giggle:

yeah Im with stoney...sounds as though someone needs to barrow my breaders Bible...and I aint seen wrong info stay on this site long..pollen can be vialbe for up to 18 months if kept in right conditions..

thread starter ....if ya have that Male in a room with Plants you plan to flower..GET him out..just my thaughts

Take care and be safe

I said in air.. for day or 2... as in floating softly down

doesn't stay aloft for more than a day or 2 in your area.

Now if we have to get specific. Those hugh sand storms in Saudi Arabia keep dumping tiny specs of sand on my when I go outside and I think I should be able to sue them since it comes from there.

The longest I've been able to store pollen under average living conditions, meaning I don't live in the desert or Anactica. I've been able to store it for about 30 to 35 days. Thats sealing it and putting in in refrigerator with some desiccant.

StoneyBud is correct. It can stay viable for a long period, depending on conditions.

I have successfully kept and used pollen for a year by freezing it with a desiccant.

Sorry folks. There were a lot of "facts" in my posts that I really couldn't prove, and after editing them, there really wasn't enough to keep the post. I'll go with whatever the rest of you decide.

Terminal Head Clearance said:
I've been able to store it for about 30 to 35 days. Thats sealing it and putting in in refrigerator with some desiccant.
Did'nt Hick mention something involving a freezer ? ;) Take care !

Latest posts

Back