Will my glaucoma qualify for a MMJ license?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spuddzrmeandyou

Reaction score
I am interested in obtaining a med marijuana license but not sure if I qualify. I have had open angle glaucoma which appears resistant to the usual drugs, my opthamologist just took me off one of the two drugs I am on as it apprently wasn't helping any. My pressure remain in mid 20's with thin corneas so he has to add to that so I am probably closer to high 20's/30 both eyes. I have had glaucoma for probably 25 years. I haven't had any documented vision loss yet (or minimal) but would sure like to keep it that way for as long as possible (I am 55 and an artist. )

For glaucoma my state law reads:

"...Glaucoma, either acute or chronic, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean increased intraocular pressure unrelieved by standard treatments and medications..."

Thanks for any advice. I just don't want to waste my time if I don't qualify.

spuddzrmeandyou said:
I am interested in obtaining a med marijuana license but not sure if I qualify. I have had open angle glaucoma which appears resistant to the usual drugs, my opthamologist just took me off one of the two drugs I am on as it apprently wasn't helping any. My pressure remain in mid 20's with thin corneas so he has to add to that so I am probably closer to high 20's/30 both eyes. I have had glaucoma for probably 25 years. I haven't had any documented vision loss yet (or minimal) but would sure like to keep it that way for as long as possible (I am 55 and an artist. )

For glaucoma my state law reads:

"...Glaucoma, either acute or chronic, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean increased intraocular pressure unrelieved by standard treatments and medications..."

Thanks for any advice. I just don't want to waste my time if I don't qualify.
you qualify for sure my mom had glaucoma and she smoked all the time it helped her greatly she died at 78 with a smile im 66 and i just got my scrip i have arty in my knees and feet go for it you will get it and its worth it be safe grama42:aok: :bongin:

In California, you'd get it, no problem. It IS in your law, so go for it- you've got a very good chance!

I'd give you a mess of studies on glaucoma, but the rules say I have to post 15 times before I can post a URL- sorry. So I'll just go around making brief, "nothing", comments here and there for a bit before I get back to you! Look for my list. I imagine it will have to go through an administrator before you can see it. A lot of sites kind of "choke" on my list. It's pretty big now.

Granny

Latest posts

Back