will this work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marihuanaträumt

Marijuana Dreams
Reaction score
I am looking to grow 6-12 plants for flowering I am looking to run 2 600 HPS. Will 1 600 cover 6 plants and will 2 600 watt lights cover 12 plants? Thanks in advance.

Depends on the size of the room... and also the size of the plants...

Can you share more details??

I would like to grow them about 5 feet or so. As far as the room I have not built it yet but will when I get the lighting.

Marihuanaträumt said:
I am looking to grow 6-12 plants for flowering I am looking to run 2 600 HPS. Will 1 600 cover 6 plants and will 2 600 watt lights cover 12 plants? Thanks in advance.

2 600 watt lights will cover about 38 sq/ft

IMO not enough space for 12, 5 foot plants. Perhaps it would work with single cola plants but any LST or topping and there would be to much bushiness for that space.

Looking to double what I have...so 2, 1000 watt HPS for what you are looking to grow.

I was thinking I should down size the grow I want to do and grow 6 in my flowering box. How would 2 600 HPS work, or would I still need more lighting?

IMO, I don't see any reason why you can't do 12 plants in 38 sq ft (just maybe not 5' tall). I put 6-8 plants into a space 3 x 6.5' (19.5 sq ft) with a 1000W over them. If you have a staggered harvest, this also helps as 1/2 of the plants are smaller.

Forget the thousand watters, 2 600's will work fine if your plants are around 4 ft tall at the most.

...and if they get too big, stake them down.
Also be sure to take all side branching off the lower areas of your plants.
A 600 watter will give you an effective canopy of around 18 to 20 inches depending on the strain.

The hemp goddess I would like for 12 but I think I should stay at 6 for a while. Thats my legal amount. How big would suggest I grow 6 plants under 1200 watts for max harvest, with them?

about 3-4 feet tall for 600 watters. 4-6 feet for a 1kwt. In my experiences.
The Effen Gee said:
Forget the thousand watters, 2 600's will work fine if your plants are around 4 ft tall at the most.

...and if they get too big, stake them down.
Also be sure to take all side branching off the lower areas of your plants.
A 600 watter will give you an effective canopy of around 18 to 20 inches depending on the strain.
I agree completely with this statement. I will actually be tearing down my grow room and making it bigger. I am going to sell my 1kwt and get 2-600's. Better coverage, more lumens, and only 200 watts more energy. Totally worth it.

My girls dad gets 16-20 oz's from a 600 and a 400HPS in his bud room. I get 10-16 oz. from a 1k watt.

So if I run 2 600 and run with the air cooled hoods can I hook the 2 light vents together with the vent hosing run with an inline fan and cool my lights and my box all at the same time, or would that be 2 much air flow around my bulbs?

You should cool both bulbs wth one fan/ducted inthe room and back out. Then you need another fan/filter to get rid of smell/duct out some heat/but most impt. bring in fresh co2

2 600 watt's
2-inline fans
1 char filter

Edit:
You could always go char filter, fan, light, light, exhaust. That will work to cycle in fresh air. But if you have an a/c unit this could be sucking out your cold air. It all depends on placement of intakes and exhausts in a small grow room.

I just went 250 CFM and purchased a fan speed controller for 25$. IMO a fan is useless w/o a variable speed controller.
You want to be able to cycle the air in the room out in about 5 min or less.

Example:
So 10x10x10 is 1000 Cubic Feet.

200 Cubic Feet Per Minute on full blast would cycle the air in the room in 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back