wiring nightmare!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treebeard

Reaction score
Hello all! Im needing to get my 400w hps working but unfourtunatley i disconnected a few of the wires from the ballast and ignitor and i have no idea where they go:confused: is there a guide on this or does anyone know which wires should be where?? I can take a pic if this helps. any help is appreciated :D

Offspring_36 said:
Hello all! Im needing to get my 400w hps working but unfourtunatley i disconnected a few of the wires from the ballast and ignitor and i have no idea where they go:confused: is there a guide on this or does anyone know which wires should be where?? I can take a pic if this helps. any help is appreciated :D

What is the model# of the ballast and make.

Hey thanks for the reply. Its all phillips and its not from the proper grow light its from the kinda light you find in a warehouse, it originally had all the ballast etc as part of the light, all in one kinda thing.

Offspring_36 said:
Hey thanks for the reply. Its all phillips and its not from the proper grow light its from the kinda light you find in a warehouse, it originally had all the ballast etc as part of the light, all in one kinda thing.

If there is a number on the transformer itself it will help but here is a generic diagram, if yours is not multi-tap then disregard the other voltage wires.
http://www.venturelighting.com/images/Wiring_E_big.gif

Hey. Thanks for the diagram but i think its wired differantly to that because it designed for UK power which i think is slightly differant. I only have one 125w envirolite which just isnt enough now that my plants are about 1month old. growing very long stalks.

right i got some pics if this helps. Red = live Blue = negative Green+yellow= Earth, I dont know if its the same for USA as UK. as you can see there's some stray wires. the blue and white ones going off the pic are going to the bulb. Its all rusty because i nabbed it out of an old warehouse building! Thanks for any help

wiring 001.jpg

wiring 005.jpg

wiring 004.jpg

Offspring_36 said:
right i got some pics if this helps. Red = live Blue = negative Green+yellow= Earth, I dont know if its the same for USA as UK. as you can see there's some stray wires. the blue and white ones going off the pic are going to the bulb. Its all rusty because i nabbed it out of an old warehouse building! Thanks for any help

It looks like there is a diagram on the front of the ignitor, also on the front of the transformer.
See if you can take a picture of them, its hard to tell from the pictures.

let me ask another quick question,
Does the white wire on the transformer go directly to the ignitor, it looks like it goes up thru the white tube and then to the ignitor. I just want to make sure.

Also did you move or remove any other wires other than that white one That is free?

Are you in the UK or on 220 volt?

Hello, yea the white wire goes to the ignitor. pretty much all the wires have been moved by myself:eek:. im in the Uk which makes it harder for you to explain:) Thanks

Ok first what I would do is on the ignitor you have a blue wire and a white wire under the same screw. Take that white wire and it goes to the light. The white wire you have going to the light now goes under the transformer terminal with the blue wire.
Leave the white wire where it is that goes directly to the transformer thru the white plastic tube.

If you study the diagram on the ignitor it shows a neutral wire and a ignitor wire with the cap going to the lamp.(this is the white wire thats with the blue wire,neutral, under the same screw on the ignitor, if you follow it it also goes to the cap so this also needs to go to the lamp)

Also if you look you will see a transformer wire along with a ignitor wire going to the lamp.(This is why I say take the white wire going to the lamp now and put it under the blue wire of the transformer.)

The last wire on the ignitor is shown to go directly to the transformer.
(this is why I say leave that white wire thats going directly to the transformer alone).

Try it out for about 10 seconds if it doesnt ignite the bulb unplug it.
Good luck let us know if it worked.

Sorry for this has nothing to do with the thread, I'm just here to appologise to you growdude. Maybe your right, maybe I shouldn't be growing. I'm probably just gonna chop my plants and smoke what I got but I feel bad for what I said and I regret it, I'm sorry. Maybe I'll be back in a couple years. I wish you the best of luck.

EvryScarHasAStry said:
Sorry for this has nothing to do with the thread, I'm just here to appologise to you growdude. Maybe your right, maybe I shouldn't be growing. I'm probably just gonna chop my plants and smoke what I got but I feel bad for what I said and I regret it, I'm sorry. Maybe I'll be back in a couple years. I wish you the best of luck.

Sent you a PM.

Latest posts

Back