Woes of high wattage CFLs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booradley

Reaction score
I have had terrible luck with my CFLs! I bought a 200 watt for flowering and two 105 for vegging. One of the 105s broke when I bumped it with the reflector within a week. At some point in time 1/2 the 200 watt stopped working (hope that means I still ahve 100watts!) I replaced it with a 150 and some smaller CFLs. Well the 150 died after less than six months!

Piece of advice for anyone thinking about buying monster CFLs. Go T-5! For roughly the same price as 150 CFL (and reflector) you can buy a 2', 4-bulb t-5 fixture. The lumnes on the t5 are a little shy of the CFL, but the bulbs are so much cheaper to replace! The 150 CFL gives off about 10k lumens and the t-5 (at 96 watts) gives off 8k. However, since the t-5 bublb are much cooler than the CFL, you can place it within centimeters of your plants.

P.S. What's the chance of getting a sub section in the grow journals and lighting for flouro grows? I hate hunting through all the killer grows with HID (which I can't use due to heat issues and a promise to my wife that I wouldn't burn down our condo with my grow!) to find others using flouros from start to finish... I lkie to see what others have accomplished... gives me soemthing to shoot for!

booradley said:
I
P.S. What's the chance of getting a sub section in the grow journals and lighting for flouro grows? I hate hunting through all the killer grows with HID (which I can't use due to heat issues and a promise to my wife that I wouldn't burn down our condo with my grow!) to find others using flouros from start to finish... I lkie to see what others have accomplished... gives me soemthing to shoot for!
I totally agree.

What ive found out from my few attempts at growing it is not just about lighting more light does not mean your gonna have a good plant its GOOD light and lots of care and love i got 2 25 watt day spectrum running on my 2 plants and there growing bushy and small like i like em gonna switch too bloom blue spectrum i know a lot say blue spectrum isnt good for flowering them but i have a little faith in the company that makes them and hope they work type in CFL lights at ebay then specify when u get results 2 gardern and they have deals 3 for under 30 bucks shipping included real life saver
Have a good grow man

Latest posts

Back