wrinkled leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
is this usually indicative of a ph problem? i let the ph slip up for a day or 2 and as a result i had a few problems. but after i fixed the ph issue all the plants returned to normal, except one. all of her foliage looks wrinkled, even new foliage. the ph has been perfect since the issue. can she be nute sensitive? the oldest leaves have necrotic spots on them as well.

ph - 5.86
rh - 40%
temp - 73F
ppm - 400

IMAG0896.jpg

IMAG0897.jpg

maybe mist that one rusty looking one with some epsom salts...2 Tablespoon to gallon H2O..Mojo for the girls
:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
maybe mist that one rusty looking one with some epsom salts...2 Tablespoon to gallon H2O..Mojo for the girls
:48:

aight thanks i'll give that a try

iMO your RH is way to low bump it up there and watch them go nuts

DrFever said:
iMO your RH is way to low bump it up there and watch them go nuts

i'll try that, i'll turn down the exhaust fan

the epsom foliar spray & the rh increase didn't work. the nercosis is progressing & is now showing on more foliage. my ph has been spot on. i changed out my res. there can't be a salt build up in the feeding lines yet, seeing as how the system has only been running for 3 weeks. they're getting a 1-1-1 ratio on nutes and at only 400 ppm still. i'm seriously stumped on this one. it looks like a ph problem, but my ph is ideal.

more pics up after my camera is done charging

edit: i checked the roots, they're not burned or dicolored in any way. no slime either...as a matter of fact this girl has one of the strongest root systems of all the plants

pics 1-4 - vintage 2006 (problem plant)
pic 5 - white widow

these are the only 2 left in the veg room. the others got moved under the hps. as you can see the white widow, as well as all the other strains are doing fine. so weird i cant figure this one

IMAG0903.jpg

IMAG0904.jpg

IMAG0905.jpg

IMAG0912.jpg

IMAG0915.000.jpg

Might just be a window licker pheno...bad genes.

im thinking maybe a micro-nutrient problem? look closely on the others and see if there are any signs of progressing and also check the roots. this is happening for a reason, i think its nutrient related. has the ph been swinging or staying in one spot? it should be swinging eventually and thats what you want. if it stays in one spot to much the plants wont get everything they need.

maybe dead roots effecting growth?? idk

it also looks like the light is to low on them..thats the wrinkling problem but not the leaf dying off....

the cfl's are always 2-3 inches away. i've looked at the root systems of all the plants, they all look healthy. the ph is swinging upward. i generally ph to 5.5 and let it swing to 6. i added some more micro and grow last night ppm's 600 now. maybe she's a heavy feeder? thanks for the suggestions everyone

That almost looks like a toxicity issue but why only on those 2. Did you look at the roots of those 2 to see what they look like or if anything has built up around them?

Hushpuppy said:
That almost looks like a toxicity issue but why only on those 2. Did you look at the roots of those 2 to see what they look like or if anything has built up around them?

roots look about as good as they can, nice and white. no slimey texture to them. no burn marks on the tips.

Could just be Darwinism. Survival of the fittest. Cull the weak. If ph is on, roots look good and it's the only one affected, let her ride and see if she snaps out of it or you could just cut her loose if you don't want to be bothered. As the Indoor grow season goes on and my tents get fuller and fuller, I don't keep weak phenos or hard luck cases around very long. I want my tents full of robust plants...jmo

i agree, if there are finiky ones just cull it and veg the others just a lil longer to make up the space.

yeah, thats some good advise. i guess you could say i get kinda attached to my plants. i put so much into them, and when they don't do well, it gets a bit frustrating. ohh well, i'll give her a few days to snap out of it. if she doesn't she'll get chopped

thank you everyone for all your help

yeah, dont jump to it if you dont want to.....just a suggestion my friend. :D

I hope she snaps out of it, give her at least a week. Hydro you would see a quick difference.

Try hydro once you get a sucessful harvest, you will thank me. :D

green mojo!!!

trillions of atoms said:
yeah, dont jump to it if you dont want to.....just a suggestion my friend. :D

I hope she snaps out of it, give her at least a week. Hydro you would see a quick difference.

Try hydro once you get a sucessful harvest, you will thank me. :D

green mojo!!!

technically it is hydro. i guess to be the most accurate, its top feed aeroponics. seeing as how the roots dont sit in a medium

man im sry im :stoned: bro lol I know that it was dro i posted on it before...DUH!

well a few days will tell you.

lemon krush has got her grip on me!!!

Latest posts

Back