WRITE TO THE PRESIDENT ON JAN 20th, 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I AM GOING TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20th, 2010

• YES, I AM GOING TO WRITE A LETTER

• NO, I AM NOT GOING TO WRITE A LETTER

Results are only viewable after voting.
You can go online to hxtp://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ and use an online form to write the Pres. and push our cause.

Potus, why Jan 20th...did I miss another Stoner holiday? :D

Muddy Paws said:
You can go online to hxtp://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ and use an online form to write the Pres. and push our cause.

Potus, why Jan 20th...did I miss another Stoner holiday? :D
You're missing part of the reason this is set up the way it is.

Please, read the entire thread. Writing on some other day or by using the web will make this as pointless as every other attempt has been.

Jan 20th is the one year anniversary of the President taking office. By doing this on this day, it's a symbolic gesture.

Using a hard copy, actual piece of paper with a stamp on it, routed through the postal system is another part of the effort.

It's explained in the thread.

Please, join us in this effort.

POTUS said:
Thanks man, after you've spread the word of it to other places, let us know where you've sent it. Your letter to Norml is a great idea. Have you sent it yet?

I've seen their booths at concerts that I've been to but have never done anything with the organization. While I have no problems with writing a letter to the organization, it seems to be comprised of many smaller branches at the local level.

Therefore I encourage everyone to write their local chapter to try and gain support. My letter is in a rough rough draft stage. Believe it or not I'm often guilty of being overly cautious of how I use my words. When I get it polished I'll put a copy up here for my copy and paste friends out there.

TF

106 people.

Times 5

those 530 each tell 5 people...

2,650 like minded people are now aware.

times 5

It's getting interesting.

times 5

In only 6 generations of this effort, 331 thousand people will be directly involved.

If it goes only 10 generations, 200 million people can admit that they've been high on weed.

Pass it on...

President Obama had a a poll on his web sight of the things that his administration should address. The poll would become an executive list of things he would do in his adminstration. It had a list of things ppl could vote on and one of top things was to end the marijuana prohibition. Needless to say I voted on that topic.

yes this really Helps my Dysfunctional family get along , A lot Better :Viper1951

I want to write a few letters. The same letter to my congressmen, and representative. I might send one to the governor, if I wanna go all out. I'll probably send one to the white house, too. As part of the effort.

I think I'll make up some fliers and ask some of my favorite dispensaries to post them. Maybe we could make a basic website that would give more information.

i think another thing we can do is write a generic letter and with the adress and do a chain mail starting in december for people to add what they want to it. mail it out ask them to print it after they have added what they want to add.and mail it in on that date.. its a way to get alot out there..
yes it genereic. but we could get more people involved that may be in support but quiet about the issue

I know it will take time to get the kind of support we would need to make a difference but it couldnt hurt if we all sent some letters on 4/20/2009 just to pull a date off the top of my head lol. I believe we could easily get a couple thousand letters sent as an initial warning shot and that would really send a message as far as the number of people activlly supporting this effort when they receive hundreds of thousands of letters after january 20th. what do you think lets stream this date accross all our networks and explain this 2 or more step process and the loyalty needed to get results

kalikisu said:
I will write a letter but the funny thing is I dont know where to send it. In my letter I will say That this prohibition is crazy as so many benefit from mj. I mean I have read how certain strains help with migraines and other pains. I have had a headache before and aspirin did not help but mj did. They really need to out law peanut butter!LOL!!!
I know it by heart. In my former life, it was my address prior of getting assassinated. Ha! Ha!

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC. 20500

Yeah I believe that the government should be put back in the people. If decriminalizing MJ is what we want that is what we should get. There is more points to legalize it, than there is to keep it illegal. It absolutlly makes no sense. My letter is being written right now.
GREAT IDEA!! I love it.

bulzeye said:
I probably wont send a letter. im forgetfull.
Why not write it now and pin it on your wall to mail later?

Don't put it off! Write it now! Stamp the letter and tack it up where you can't miss it.

I say start the mass mailing now. Can you see the 15 tons of mail piling up there all of it screaming WEED NOW :D

Mine's still in rough draft form.
There is a site that gives tips on how to properly write a letter to the president. I was looking at it the other day.
We'll get ours out and 1 to a new governor.

:)
Gb

GeezerBudd said:
Here's the site I was looking at:

hxxp://www.ehow.com/how_4561907_of-united-states-of-america.html

The 20th falls on Wednesday. Members on west coast would want to mail it on the week before.Gb

You just don't understand what it is that I'm trying to do. Please read the entire thread and stop trying to change what I've set up.

NO THE WEST COAST SENDS ON THE 20TH ALSO. EVERYONE DOES. THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT.

StoneyBud said:
You just don't understand what it is that I'm trying to do. Please read the entire thread and stop trying to change what I've set up.

NO THE WEST COAST SENDS ON THE 20TH ALSO. EVERYONE DOES. THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT.

Sorry, I was'nt trying to change anything.
Iv'e written plenty of letters but never sent them-oh well I'd better work on it.

Gb

i will work on that. thanks for the pre written letter, i wouldn't know what to write :)

Latest posts

Back