Yellow spots problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey dogg, perlite is a white sort of stuff, like little stones as you said.
it`s used to pre-mix with your soil so that the root system can get oxygen, and lighten up the soil mix a bit. you can use perlite, vermiculite,sand or just plain pebbles.not from the beach, or sterilize them yourself by boiling. this is essential.your plants will not grow well without one of these pre-mixed.
soil, pre-fertilized stuff is not good for MJ, as the seedlings burn easy, try and get some sterilized soil.if you can`t DIY it in the oven (last resort) for a couple of hours.pollistirene is useable if you break it down, for water retention and aeriation of the roots.
only add nutes to your grow after 3-4 weeks, as the seedling allready has what it needs to get established.
yellow spots.... have you checked the under side of your leaves? i say this as that`s where "spider mites" will be crawling about, you can see them with good eye-site, but they are small. watch for them moving.
is the yellowing happening at random spots over the leaves, or beggining at the tips and working back??get a magnifying glass just to be sure that an infestation isn`t around the corner:eek:.
water..you can use bottled water, hell even tap water can be used, just let it sit for a few hours before giving your not so healthy females.
look on the water bottle label for a "ph value", for soil your ph should sit between 6.3-6.9 in order to allow all the nutes that MJ uses to get through. as you can get "lock-out" of a certain range of trace nutes from wrong ph, can screw up your whole crop man.
think that`s about it for the moment dude, any probs give us a shout;) .
go read some journals man, very informative and straight to the point.

thanks man....how much perlite should i use to mix it with the soil...the soil that i will transplant the girls into says that doesn't need feeding for 3-4 weeks(is that ok?it means that it has some substances added that last a few weeks is that it?)?
Should i put in the oven the soil before or after i mix it with the perilte?and i guess the pollistiren granules i should add after?what should be the temperature of the oven(in celsius)?and for how long should i sterilize the soil?

after a second look at your pics man, they don`t look good. spindly- spaced out nodes, dreary leaves, looks sick and on the way out if you know what i mean. those lights are obviously not doing the trick.
how do you come to the conclusion that they are equivelant of 160 incandescent bulbs? if they are then lights shouldn`t be the problem, but 23w isn`t much or adequate for the job at hand really.
I`m going to stick with my first thought and say you`ve got "spider mites". i say this as i had the same problem a few months back and my girls looked alot like yours. However, due to the fact that you have your seed in straight soil, without perlite,sand or pebbles to help with drainage etc, i can`t be sure.could just as easy be over-watering, under lighting, over-fert or something else that i`ve forgot to mention.
get the basics first i.e soil, perlite or one of the other substances i mentioned b4,lighting and ph balanced water.the rest is useless without "all" the above 4.
good luck man.:bong: :cool: :bong:

i looked for spiders....someone told me about them before...it's not them..
the lights are philips flo and it says on the package that 23 of flo is 160 of incandescent.when i took the photos i moved the lights a little bit so i can take the pictures.the lights are ok i guess...
please answer me my questions about the mix and all of that above....
what value should be the ph written on the flat bottled water?

hey dogg firepower is right don't add anymore water at this point you will only bring back up the nutes. I would let them run a little dry for a while as you are geting some better soil. @ the least get some regular potting soil for houseplants or garden soil if possible and use that. Boiled water is best used for your grow. Forget the marbles, firepower had a good idea with the styrofoam just make sure you crush it up into small granuals and use 1 part of that to 2 parts soil. Now with the plants!!! Once you have purchased or found the soil your going to use mix with styrofoam or perlite( which is Volcanic stone crushed white in color) mix well!!! I would then take your affected plants and one by one and remove some or as much dirt from the root ball without damaging them and repot. But first lay a layer of very small stones (fish tank size in bottom of pot for better drainage then dirt then the rootball and dirt!!! From your picks use bigger pots (3-5 gallon) for them to have room to grow all the way till harvest and don't plant them as deep as you have them right, now bring them up to almost the top (1").Water them until water runs from bottom of pots and let them sit!! THey will take a few days to recover fromthe shock and you should be good to go! lights 24/7 slight breeze (fan) Wait until you can put 2 knuckles down in soil to feel for moisture then water again!! Its always better to run a little dry then over water. Every time you water let water run out the bottom then you know you have a good soak. Have Paitence and good luck Keep us informed of your progress on this thread.

no probs man, the goal is to get all here who enter, growing their own stash.
perlite should be added after you deal with the oven at 200 degrees.leave it in the oven for a couple of hours,BTW it will STINK big time.
add around 1/3 of your pot size with perlite, mixed in b4 planting your seed. if you use perlite then pollistirene won`t be needed, it`s just for the simple task of ventilation and drainage for your root system, and get a fan blowing on the plants as this will strenghthen the stems up,and keep temps down.
any probs man, don`t hesitate to ask dude.
BTW, how old are your girls? they have enough to sustain them for the "first" 3 weeks of life, but after you transplant water in well and after a couple of days after the shock of the transplant is behind them, begin with your nutes, NPK ratio 20-20-20. doesn`t have to be that number, but make sure for "veg" that the "N" is higher than the "PK" allright?
good luck m8.:smoke1: :48: :smoke1:

yes....i will transplant....
perlite....could i use plain sand??i don't know if i can find perlite...
i part perlite/sand(if it's ok) and 2 parts soil?should i put the mixture in the oven???

The Dogg said:
i looked for spiders....someone told me about them before...it's not them..
the lights are philips flo and it says on the package that 23 of flo is 160 of incandescent.when i took the photos i moved the lights a little bit so i can take the pictures.the lights are ok i guess...
please answer me my questions about the mix and all of that above....
what value should be the ph written on the flat bottled water?

ok if it says on the box your lights should be fine.
your "ph" should be between 6.3-6.9, i think i typed that previously??
it doesn`t "have" to be flat water, sparkling does just as good, but that`s minor.:cool:

THANKS SHUGGY!They are 2 months the big ones and a month and a week i guess the small ones....after the moving from the small platic cups that is...
another question....if the soil that i will buy has stuff for 3-4 weeks in it....will that stuff be nutralized by the oven?that's why you said i shouls use right away nutes?or i missunderstood?

The Dogg said:
yes....i will transplant....
perlite....could i use plain sand??i don't know if i can find perlite...
i part perlite/sand(if it's ok) and 2 parts soil?should i put the mixture in the oven???
yeah man won`t hurt, sand is suitable but not ideal.....it`ll do the job though.

The Dogg said:
THANKS SHUGGY!They are 2 months the big ones and a month and a week i guess the small ones....after the moving from the small platic cups that is...
another question....if the soil that i will buy has stuff for 3-4 weeks in it....will that stuff be nutralized by the oven?that's why you said i shouls use right away nutes?or i missunderstood?
best to get sterilized soil, or something with no fertilizer in it,as young seedlings burn easy. but for plants as old as yours, just plant and begin with half the recomended dose on the label of your choice nutes.:cool2: :48: :fly: :stoned:
if you buy soil there`s no need for the "oven treatment", that was just if you were bringing soil from outdoors or used soil. no need for it with new soil, the ferts will be burned off in the oven but the whole place will need to be well ventilated.

Thanks man....so the sterilization is not mandatory in my case as i undersood,is that right?

if you purchase new soil, no. soil from outside on the ground, yes.
:tokie: :cool: :tokie:

oh...now i read the whole reply...sorry:)
yes....i will get the soil from the store...and i will mix it with the perlite(if i find it)/sand.
Thanks a lot!
I'll keep you posted!

yeah man, keep me informed dude, i`d like to see how this one turns out:)

Latest posts

Back