Yellow spots problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dogg

Reaction score
As posted a few days ago(check my other latest threads) i have abig problem....
Somebody told me that these could be made by burning....
I use florescent 23 watt( equivalent of 160 incandescent)lights....
They don't put out too much heat....the distance between them and the plats is about 4-5 cm i say....
I don't think they are burn signs....what do you think??
I have some pictures...

Imagine420.jpg

That soil looks bad, I don't see any vermiculite or perlite. no airation. In proper soil that small a plant should be recieving NO NUTES. Your plants look like nuteburn, overwatering or nute lockout. need more facts but that soil looks funky.

the big plants....i gave them nutes....but after that i flushed the soil a few times....so no nutes i guess...the small ones....i gave them no nutes...
vermiculite or perlite....you mean i shold put some stones(like little marbles) on the surface of the soil?what is the use of that?i recieved that advice before...please supply me with some more info about that!
and as i said the small plants recieved no nutes....so....from where the burn???
is it possbible to be from the ph of the water??(as i said in my other threads i have problems finding a ph meter in my town,so i will get one from ebay,but untill then i have to do something)
the soil i used is good pre fertilized soil from a plant shop....so it is impossible to be from that...
please...i need some help!

should i use distilated water or flat water(from bottle in stores) not running water(fresh tap water) until i get the ph meter?

prefertilized soil suks. that soil + the nutes you gave the big plants have burned them. flushing won't help because it will just release more of the ferts in that soil.
you might have ph problems now but that soil is your main problem IMO read up on soils.

ok....and what should i do now??
should i buy some non fertilized soil.I must say that in my town i cannot find too much of a variety of soils in store.....i hope i cand find some unfertilized one....
and tell me about the perlite
and about the watering
plase answer what i asked!

and wat did the burns on the small plants??wich are burned worse than the big ones?

if youre starting and dont want too spend too much time on the soil, then pick up some Miracle grow soil at your local hardware store and you wont have to worry about anything for 3 months, it already comes with everything you need inside of it.. many people here have used with no problems.

Then when youre ready to spend some time reading, read about everyones grow journals and see what the used, it gets a little complicated when you go organic, more research and more things can go wrong.

Im on my first grow and im using MG, no problems with the soil after 2 months.

In my cuntry you cannot find anything name MIRACLE GROW SOIL.I don't live in UK or USA.If it could be found...it would be named in my native language.Anyway...soil is no product like cars or cloath.....if you can find Mercedes eighter in UK USA or Zimbabwe....i can't say the same thing about soil...
in my country....you cand find SOIL.That's it!No miracle wonder or stuff like that.It iz prefertilized....maybe i use improper the word PREFERTILIZED.I mean by it that it has stuff in it(N,Ca etc) for some months to grow without using any other ferts....is that wat you get buying MIRACLE GROW?
Did i missuse the word PREFERTILIZED?
And nobody answers my question...
Wat is done(i really don't know wat is done bad....but anyway)is done....
Wat should i do next??
DISTILATED WATER?
UNFERTILIZED SOIL TO BE CHANGED WITH THE OLD SOIL?
PLEASE....I NEED SOLUTIONING TO MY PROBLEM...NOT LECTURING....
I've done by now as i read...but it went wrong....
so....ANY CLUE ABOUT WAT I CAN DO TO SAVE IT???

Well, heres another option, take some regular soil and if you can find sand also mix it together, set your oven to 400 and use something to put the soil in the oven, the flatter the better, for about 1 hour, then get something made out of styrofoam and break it in a lot of small pieces, once the soil is cool, mix the foam in to the soil, this will help with water control and air.

this will egt you by for about 3 weeks, in the meantime look around to see what you have available in your country as far as ferts and let us know, we can probably guide you better once we know what you can get..
Hope this helps..

oh and what country are you in?

i can tell you what is says on the package of the soil i used:
"it contains a surplus of azotes ,phosphorus and potassium.
ph value:5.5-6.5"
The ph is good...and it also says"fetrility for a period of at least 12 months"

what should i do now?should i replace the soil i have with some unfertilized one??

I would, after doing that wait about 3-5 days for the shock to be over and start watching them closely, you should see a change in a week, also i would put them on an 18/6 schedule for the first 3 days, some sleep will help them get back on their feet.. and then go back to 24/0

this will get you some time to find out what other ferts you have available to you.

Im not an expert, but soil that fertilizes for 12 months just sounds too strong to me..

Is money an issue? if not just order some Fox Farm soil from E-bay or an online store..

no....money is not an issue....
the integrity of the package is an issue....and the stuff i have to go thru with packages send from abroad(customs foramllities that are pretty f***ed up in my country).
So i should transplant them to unfertilized?
And after how much time i should use nutes?

And should i cover the soil with little marble stones as someone said?how does that help?

what type of water should i use to water the plants(flat bottled water,distilated water) since i don't have a ph meter yet?

If your tap water quality isnt the best, then use FILTERED water only, DONT use Distilled water..if your tap water isnt too bad you can use it, just let it sit in an open container for 24-48 hours beforte using, that will get rid off most chemicals before you water..

No need for the pebbles, i dont think they make a difference on your setup..

So can you order the fox farm soil or no? If you can, DO IT.. thats why i gave you a 3 week period of using regular soil, so in the meantime you can make whatever arrangements you need to get your soil in..

As far as Nutes, DONT worry about them at first, establish a good plant growth within the first month. if you get the fox farms soil you wont have to wory about nutes for your first time..

NUTES will help you when you use them right, BUT i guees they are not needed 100%

in case i can't find unfertilized soil,what type of soil should i use?
i mean is it appropriate to use soil that it says on the package that feeds the plant and does not need nutes for how long?a month or 2?

DOGG i just answered this... MAKE YOUR OWN SOIL FOR NOW... problem solved.. you do this and you have 2-4 weeks to ordr the soil or find a good one!!! while at the same time the plants will be getting stronger..

Latest posts

Back