Yellowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vizio

Let it Grow
Reaction score
Hey how ya doing growers. I have my BubbleBoy running just fine with RoyalQueen & BigBud. My BigBud plant seem to be a lil slow but my Royal queen seem to have a faster growth. But I went in this morning & I had yellowing on the leaves tip. What should I do? Their only in seedlings stage.

Don't know to load pics. Plz tell me how

View attachment image.jpg

what are you feeding it? what is your ph?

Are you feeding it already? If so what strength and what's the ph of your system? I am with Rose. Looks like nute burn on the tips. I am a soil guy so not sure.

Thanks for replying. I'm feeding them The FloraSeries Performance Pack. My is 5.5-5.8. Nute burn? What exactly does that mean? Is something to strong in my tank?

Thanks for replying. I'm feeding them The FloraSeries Performance Pack. My is 5.5-5.8. Nute burn? What exactly does that mean? Is something to strong in my tank?

Seedlings are a little sensitive to nutrients early on...when you over feed you get some burn on the leaf tips. I usually push my plants for the burn on the tips, but not younger plants. jmo

So what should I do? Leave it alone until nute change?

Someone like The Hemp Goddess and others that know hydro will be in sometime soon.. Don't panic, it is a tiny amount, and you will be able to turn it around quick..

things happen fast in hydro...... I'd change out my water now just to be safe....... go with straight water for a day then switch back to nutes at a lower strength...... til they get a little older.

Yea changing the water sounds like a good idea.

It certainly looks like nute burn to me. Plants don't need any nutes at all for 2-3 weeks and then we start out at about 1/4 strength. Have you checked ppms--how much of everything did you put into each gal of water? You do have to be careful with nutrient strength when they are small--too strong a nutrient solution can kill them overnight. How are you checking you pH?

I would also recommend getting the top of the rockwool covered with hydrotron or something, as if let exposed to the light it will most likely grow algae.

Plants don't need any nutes at all for 2-3 weeks and then we start out at about 1/4 strength.

While that may be true for soil, this is certainly untrue in the hydro world. I start feeding at 3 days and have for over 30 years.

Here is as example of what your plants should look like in it's first three weeks.

Day 9 at 6 days fed
View attachment user61_pic3035_1391748523.jpg

Day 15
View attachment user61_pic3055_1392173703.jpg

Day 18
View attachment day 18.jpg

I flip plants at 21 days from seed and while giving advise to people new to the scene so they don't burn plants may be good advise, the facts are plants can and will eat long before 3 weeks.

That said, I see nothing a matter with that seedling and all of the new growth looks peachy. Those little brown edges are nothing to be concerned with at all so long as new leaves opening up look healthy.

Keep the food no stronger than 400PPM at this stage and ramp it up to 900 or so as soon as you see the stems start to thicken which normally happens about node 4 to 6 or 16 to 20 days.

PH is the real concern at this stage, and it looks like you have it dialed so far.

Keep on keeping on!

I have noticed myself that the seedlings can take nutes pretty early if the ppm is low so that it doesn't burn the young roots. I prefer to let my seedlings go with strait water until I see the cotyledons(round seed leaves) begin to yellow, then I start feeding about 350-400ppm :)

Dude thank you so much for this reply. You really pump my blood with this. Thanks for the confidence. But from now on I will start them the way you show with the pictures. It really help. NOW I KNOW.

And also it just seems that I moved to fast. PJ way is 1 of best ways I've seen. That's probably the issue. Moving to fast. But here's what I got as of this morning. In my opinion they really don't look right. My soil plant has really taken a beating lately. This plant had at least six big fan leaves & it seems the new grow under it wasn't growing as fast as the fan leaves or getting light so I cut the fan leaves. Wish I would have just left them alone. Anyway the tree has shribbled up like no other. My bubbler plants the "Big Bud" in particular has got this brown tip thing going on & the roots also are brown. Yesterday I changed the nutes water with ph & Super Thrive water. That's what it is in as of now. By the way the plant have seem to droop a little also. Now the "Royal Queen" plant seem to be doing just fine but it has this wrinkle leaf thing going on with it. Funny looking. She's cute. She also doesn't have the problems as the BigBud & their in the same reservoir. Here's some pics. Plz fellas help me recover my plant or whatever. Is it something I can get my hands on? Really don't have an grow shop in my area. Of course we have the Wally World & Lowes.

View attachment image.jpg

Latest posts

Back