Yikes Bugs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJBlue22

FirstTimeGrower
Reaction score
Well I went to check on my baby plant today, and while i was watering and takin some pics, i noticed small little ants crawlin around in thre.

They werent eating the plant or near it, but I'm afraid they could, or possibly attract other insects. Just leave or do somethin about it? hears a pic of my babe

Also, anybody have an idea of how old she is, I kind of forgot about her (i hope its a gal) and I remembered her one day to find her alive, any guesses on age?

S8000458.JPG

1 week to 2 weeks old mabye not even how would you forget somthing like that?

Well I was germ'in some white rhino, when i remembered her. Its just bagseed, but lucky shes still alive

well do you think its necessary to buy some pest control or what?

don't fret yet, that plants to small

if your worried about ants just make a ring of diesel and set the pot in the center. no ants for quite a while......

i'd worry more about feeding the plant instead of something feeding on the plant seeing hows you forgot about it for a week. Id say your maybe 7-10 days. I think def under 2 weeks.

Hey, JJBlue22, In Your Pic, I Did'nt See Any Ant-Trail Leading To or From Your Plant, You Might Have Gnats, Before They Start Flying Around, You'll See them Crawling Around in the Dirt. Try Spreading Some Coffee Grounds{ Dry-Grounds} Just Over the Surface Of the Dirt. We Have Done this to Our Plants, Without Any Bad Side-Effects. The Coffee Absorbs Excess Moisture. Hope This Helps, CaptainViper.

thankx captain, and the soil is peat moss( i think), enhanced with 'miracle grow liqui-feed' but since its outside getting its light, it has a bunch of twigs and extra junk on the top of soil, but soil is def. nice

thanks for all replies

Latest posts

Back